Samsung Galaxy S Duos may not get Android 4.2 or 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware since Samsung hasn't updated the device to Android 4.1. KyleOpen custom ROM is among the rarest Android 4.3 firmware designed for Galaxy S Duos which works without any errors or lag issues.
Credit: Wikicommons/Ricardoyraul UV
1. Your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 should have root access with ClockworkMod custom recovery installed. Click here to if your device is not yet rooted.
2. Apply this custom ROM to the Samsung Galaxy S Duos with model number S7562 only. Do not flash this to other devices or suffer the unforeseen consequences.
3. Create a backup of all personal information, settings and data files on your device. Preferably, perform manual backup instead of using Samsung Kies.
4. Make sure that the battery life at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during the installation.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on your smartphone. Go to Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB debugging."
6. Install all the necessary USB drivers for your handset. Installing Samsung Kies on your computer includes USB drivers.
7. Download the KyleOpen Android 4.3 custom ROM to your computer.
Warning: KyleOpen is a custom ROM which requires manual flashing to your device. Manual installation may damage your device and we are liable for any damaging that may occur on your smartphone. Read, understand and follow the instructions carefully to avoid bricking or damaging your device. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 to the computer.
2. Copy the KyleOpen custom ROM you have downloaded earlier then paste it to the SD card of your smartphone.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from your computer then switch it off.
4. Reboot the handset into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at same time till the Samsung logo appears.
5. Inside the recovery mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." The system will create a backup on the SD card which you can restore anytime.
6. Now perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. After the full wipe, install the KyleOpen Android 4.3 firmware by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the ROM > confirm installation."
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
9. The smartphone will reboot automatically and may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
Your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 is now running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with features such as Google Now, Project Butter, Bluetooth Low Energy and more.
To contact the editor, e-mail: