'Glee' Season 5 Spoilers: Show Ends at Season 6, Rachel Berry Original Ending Revealed; Naya Rivera's 'Sorry' Does Well [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | October 21, 2013 10:53 AM EST
"Glee" Season 5 has taken a short break after airing Episode 3, "The Quarterback." The said episode is believed to have revealed the original Rachel Berry and Finn Hudson ending -- if Cory Monteith had not died. Meanwhile, Naya Rivera hits the iTunes and Billboard charts with a song that features her fiancée Big Sean.
"The whole [final] year of the show," said Glee creator Ryan Murphy, "was really designed around Rachel-Cory/Finn story." Murphy means Glee Season 6, which should begin around September 2014. In a report by Entertainment Weekly, Murphy said something similar to Lea Michele's lines in Episode 3.
"I knew what the last shot was - he was in it. I knew what the last line was; she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do," Murphy said.
Fox Network's 'Glee' -- How the Series Ending was Planned
"I had it all planned out," Rachel Berry says in the emotional Glee Season 5, Episode 3. "I was going to make it big on Broadway. And maybe do a Woody Allen movie," she continues.
"(Cory Monteith's Finn Hudson) would be teaching here," Rachel Berry says, crushing Finchel fans' hearts. "I'd just say, 'I'm home.' And then we would live happily ever after." This part is believed to be how Murphy's original Glee ending was planned.
Glee Season 6: The Last One
As he was reflecting on the death of Cory Monteith, Murphy said he knew he had to decide on how the new ending would look like. He has a new plan for the Glee series ending, and he will be presenting it to Fox soon.
"I think it's very satisfactory and kind of in (Cory's) honour, which I love," Murphy describes the Glee Season 6 finale.
Santana in Real Life: Naya Rivera Hits No. 10 at the Billboard
In Glee Season 5, Naya Rivera's Santana is enjoying her budding romance with Demi Lovato's Dani. Some Glee fans call them Dantana, which Naya used to hashtag her Twitter photo with Demi.
Dani is returning to Glee Season 5 in November, and she will have scenes with American Idol alum Adam Lambert.
In real life, Naya is far beyond "budding romance" with Big Sean. They are officially engaged. Fans might be seeing Naya in a wedding gown soon. Meantime, she's rocking the Billboard chart with her first single, "Sorry."
"Sorry" debuted on iTunes on Sept. 17, making it to No. 10 in the pop charts. It was subsequently released on Sept. 27, debuting at No. 37 on Billboard. (Scroll down for the video.)
Naya's "If I Die Young" (The Band Perry) cover, which she performed on Glee Season 5, Episode 3, sold nearly 20 thousand downloads, according to reports.
VIDEO: Naya Rivera - Sorry (Lyric Video) ft. Big Sean
Glee Season 5 returns to Fox on Nov. 7. The show is on fast track for Australian viewers, and Eleven is expected to catch up quickly on Nov. 8 (Friday).
More 'Glee Season 5' and TV Guide Features:
Glee Season 5 Spoilers: 'Make You Feel My Love' in 'The Quarterback' Songs, the Cory Monteith Tribute [VIDEOS]
No 'Glee' Feud, But Why is Dianna Agron Missing in Cory Monteith Tribute? [PHOTOS]
'The Tomorrow People' (CW) Review: 2013 'Alphas' and 'Heroes' for Sci-Fi Fans; Robbie Amell After Stephen's Arrow Season 2 [PHOTOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy