After a bad stretch to begin the season, it looks like the San Francisco 49ers are back in contender mode after stirring wins the past few games. They’ll be facing a Tennessee Titans team that is starting to struggle after what was a good start this year.
NFL: Tennessee Titans at Seattle Seahawks
The 49ers have racked up three straight wins and all in convincing fashion. San Francisco has beaten the St. Louis Rams (35-11), Houston Texans (34-3) and Arizona Cardinals (32-20) after a 1-2 start that included blowout losses to the Seattle Seahawks (29-3) and Indianapolis Colts (27-7).
Meanwhile, the Titans look to avoid a three-game slide after going 3-1 to start the season. They lost to the Kansas City Chiefs (26-17) and Seahawks (20-13) in their last two games after wins over the Pittsburgh Steelers (16-9), San Diego Chargers (20-17) and New York Jets (38-13) after the first four weeks.
San Francisco’s rise coincided with the return to form of star quarterback Colin Kaepernick. In the losses against the Seahawks and Colts, he combined for 4 interceptions with no scores but has recovered nicely in the last three wins—a combined five TD and just a lone INT against the Rams, Texans and Cardinals.
The Titans’ own struggles happened together with the injury to their QB Jake Locker. The 25-year-old quarterback hurt his right knee and hip in Week 5 vs. the Jets and missed the next two games. The team grappled for form with back-up QB Ryan Fitzpatrick under center. However, Locker is expected to suit up in this game versus the 49ers.
San Francisco is currently one and a half games behind division leaders Seahawks in the NFC West while Tennessee is a full game back off division leaders Colts in the AFC South.
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game or go to the official NFL page for more details.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
San Francisco 49ers Trends
- The 49ers are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games in October.
- The 49ers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
- The 49ers are 0-5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in Week 7
Tennessee Titans Trends
- The Titans are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Titans are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in Week 7
- The Titans are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Jelena' Romance: Selena Gomez Shares her Most Shocking Date with Justin Bieber Involving $3M- Diamond [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- Watch Out, Robert Pattinson! Kellan Lutz Reveals He Turned Down The Role Of ‘Twilight’ Lead Edward Cullen [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]