UFC 166: Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos Free Live Stream & Results: UFC Heavyweight Championship
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 20, 2013 2:30 PM EST
Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos will once again fight for the UFC Heavyweight Champion on Saturday at UFC 166 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
After splitting their first two bouts, Velasquez and Dos Santos will settle their unfinished business once and for all.
Velasquez, the defending UFC Heavyweight Champion, thought he finally solved dos Santos attacks by playing a smart fight in their rematch a year ago. However, the 29-year old Dos Santos proved that his game keep evolving by knocking out Mark Hunt with spinning hook kick in his last match.
Meanwhile, Velasquez is coming off another sensational knockout win over Antonio Silva last March, thought the threat of Dos Santos loomed large in the picture.
In the first trilogy in UFC History, Velasquez and Dos Santos are expected to bring their best as they try not only to win the title but to have the priceless bragging rights as the winner of their rivalry.
"I think the casual fan will remember the last fight between them and forget the ones before," said Javier Mendez, Velasquez's head coach.
"From my observation, [in trilogies], the guy who wins the last fight is the winner. Muhammad Ali was the winner [over Joe Frazier]. Arturo Gatti was the winner [over Micky Ward]. The casual fan only remembers the last fight."
Velasquez believed that the loser of their bout may need to win at least seven fights before he will be given another chance to claim the title. However, the champ didn't rule out the possibility of meeting again his archrival in the Octagon.
"I think it will be settled for a while," Velasquez said. "I won't say we won't fight in five years or so. That's a possibility. But it will be settled for a while."
"It's really hard to ignore how huge this fight is," Mendez said. "This is the biggest trilogy in the history of the UFC, and it may very well be the biggest trilogy of all MMA."
Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez (c) vs. Junior Dos Santos
Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
Lightweight: Gilbert Melendez def. Diego Sanchez Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 30-27, 29-28) 3 5:00
Heavyweight: Gabriel Gonzaga def. Shawn Jordan TKO (punches) 1stround 1:33
Flyweight: John Dodson def. Darrell Montague KO (punches) 1st round 4:13
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display