UFC 166: Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos Free Live Stream & Results: UFC Heavyweight Championship
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 20, 2013 2:30 PM EST
Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos will once again fight for the UFC Heavyweight Champion on Saturday at UFC 166 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
After splitting their first two bouts, Velasquez and Dos Santos will settle their unfinished business once and for all.
Velasquez, the defending UFC Heavyweight Champion, thought he finally solved dos Santos attacks by playing a smart fight in their rematch a year ago. However, the 29-year old Dos Santos proved that his game keep evolving by knocking out Mark Hunt with spinning hook kick in his last match.
Meanwhile, Velasquez is coming off another sensational knockout win over Antonio Silva last March, thought the threat of Dos Santos loomed large in the picture.
In the first trilogy in UFC History, Velasquez and Dos Santos are expected to bring their best as they try not only to win the title but to have the priceless bragging rights as the winner of their rivalry.
"I think the casual fan will remember the last fight between them and forget the ones before," said Javier Mendez, Velasquez's head coach.
"From my observation, [in trilogies], the guy who wins the last fight is the winner. Muhammad Ali was the winner [over Joe Frazier]. Arturo Gatti was the winner [over Micky Ward]. The casual fan only remembers the last fight."
Velasquez believed that the loser of their bout may need to win at least seven fights before he will be given another chance to claim the title. However, the champ didn't rule out the possibility of meeting again his archrival in the Octagon.
"I think it will be settled for a while," Velasquez said. "I won't say we won't fight in five years or so. That's a possibility. But it will be settled for a while."
"It's really hard to ignore how huge this fight is," Mendez said. "This is the biggest trilogy in the history of the UFC, and it may very well be the biggest trilogy of all MMA."
Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez (c) vs. Junior Dos Santos
Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
Lightweight: Gilbert Melendez def. Diego Sanchez Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 30-27, 29-28) 3 5:00
Heavyweight: Gabriel Gonzaga def. Shawn Jordan TKO (punches) 1stround 1:33
Flyweight: John Dodson def. Darrell Montague KO (punches) 1st round 4:13
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage