UFC 166: Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos Free Live Stream & Results: UFC Heavyweight Championship
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 20, 2013 2:30 PM EST
Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos will once again fight for the UFC Heavyweight Champion on Saturday at UFC 166 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
After splitting their first two bouts, Velasquez and Dos Santos will settle their unfinished business once and for all.
Velasquez, the defending UFC Heavyweight Champion, thought he finally solved dos Santos attacks by playing a smart fight in their rematch a year ago. However, the 29-year old Dos Santos proved that his game keep evolving by knocking out Mark Hunt with spinning hook kick in his last match.
Meanwhile, Velasquez is coming off another sensational knockout win over Antonio Silva last March, thought the threat of Dos Santos loomed large in the picture.
In the first trilogy in UFC History, Velasquez and Dos Santos are expected to bring their best as they try not only to win the title but to have the priceless bragging rights as the winner of their rivalry.
"I think the casual fan will remember the last fight between them and forget the ones before," said Javier Mendez, Velasquez's head coach.
"From my observation, [in trilogies], the guy who wins the last fight is the winner. Muhammad Ali was the winner [over Joe Frazier]. Arturo Gatti was the winner [over Micky Ward]. The casual fan only remembers the last fight."
Velasquez believed that the loser of their bout may need to win at least seven fights before he will be given another chance to claim the title. However, the champ didn't rule out the possibility of meeting again his archrival in the Octagon.
"I think it will be settled for a while," Velasquez said. "I won't say we won't fight in five years or so. That's a possibility. But it will be settled for a while."
"It's really hard to ignore how huge this fight is," Mendez said. "This is the biggest trilogy in the history of the UFC, and it may very well be the biggest trilogy of all MMA."
Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez (c) vs. Junior Dos Santos
Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
Lightweight: Gilbert Melendez def. Diego Sanchez Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 30-27, 29-28) 3 5:00
Heavyweight: Gabriel Gonzaga def. Shawn Jordan TKO (punches) 1stround 1:33
Flyweight: John Dodson def. Darrell Montague KO (punches) 1st round 4:13
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid