UFC 166: Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos Free Live Stream & Results: UFC Heavyweight Championship
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 20, 2013 2:30 PM EST
Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos will once again fight for the UFC Heavyweight Champion on Saturday at UFC 166 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
After splitting their first two bouts, Velasquez and Dos Santos will settle their unfinished business once and for all.
Velasquez, the defending UFC Heavyweight Champion, thought he finally solved dos Santos attacks by playing a smart fight in their rematch a year ago. However, the 29-year old Dos Santos proved that his game keep evolving by knocking out Mark Hunt with spinning hook kick in his last match.
Meanwhile, Velasquez is coming off another sensational knockout win over Antonio Silva last March, thought the threat of Dos Santos loomed large in the picture.
In the first trilogy in UFC History, Velasquez and Dos Santos are expected to bring their best as they try not only to win the title but to have the priceless bragging rights as the winner of their rivalry.
"I think the casual fan will remember the last fight between them and forget the ones before," said Javier Mendez, Velasquez's head coach.
"From my observation, [in trilogies], the guy who wins the last fight is the winner. Muhammad Ali was the winner [over Joe Frazier]. Arturo Gatti was the winner [over Micky Ward]. The casual fan only remembers the last fight."
Velasquez believed that the loser of their bout may need to win at least seven fights before he will be given another chance to claim the title. However, the champ didn't rule out the possibility of meeting again his archrival in the Octagon.
"I think it will be settled for a while," Velasquez said. "I won't say we won't fight in five years or so. That's a possibility. But it will be settled for a while."
"It's really hard to ignore how huge this fight is," Mendez said. "This is the biggest trilogy in the history of the UFC, and it may very well be the biggest trilogy of all MMA."
Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez (c) vs. Junior Dos Santos
Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
Lightweight: Gilbert Melendez def. Diego Sanchez Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 30-27, 29-28) 3 5:00
Heavyweight: Gabriel Gonzaga def. Shawn Jordan TKO (punches) 1stround 1:33
Flyweight: John Dodson def. Darrell Montague KO (punches) 1st round 4:13
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery