UFC 166: Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos Free Live Stream & Results: UFC Heavyweight Championship
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 20, 2013 2:30 PM EST
Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos will once again fight for the UFC Heavyweight Champion on Saturday at UFC 166 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
After splitting their first two bouts, Velasquez and Dos Santos will settle their unfinished business once and for all.
Velasquez, the defending UFC Heavyweight Champion, thought he finally solved dos Santos attacks by playing a smart fight in their rematch a year ago. However, the 29-year old Dos Santos proved that his game keep evolving by knocking out Mark Hunt with spinning hook kick in his last match.
Meanwhile, Velasquez is coming off another sensational knockout win over Antonio Silva last March, thought the threat of Dos Santos loomed large in the picture.
In the first trilogy in UFC History, Velasquez and Dos Santos are expected to bring their best as they try not only to win the title but to have the priceless bragging rights as the winner of their rivalry.
"I think the casual fan will remember the last fight between them and forget the ones before," said Javier Mendez, Velasquez's head coach.
"From my observation, [in trilogies], the guy who wins the last fight is the winner. Muhammad Ali was the winner [over Joe Frazier]. Arturo Gatti was the winner [over Micky Ward]. The casual fan only remembers the last fight."
Velasquez believed that the loser of their bout may need to win at least seven fights before he will be given another chance to claim the title. However, the champ didn't rule out the possibility of meeting again his archrival in the Octagon.
"I think it will be settled for a while," Velasquez said. "I won't say we won't fight in five years or so. That's a possibility. But it will be settled for a while."
"It's really hard to ignore how huge this fight is," Mendez said. "This is the biggest trilogy in the history of the UFC, and it may very well be the biggest trilogy of all MMA."
Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez (c) vs. Junior Dos Santos
Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
Lightweight: Gilbert Melendez def. Diego Sanchez Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 30-27, 29-28) 3 5:00
Heavyweight: Gabriel Gonzaga def. Shawn Jordan TKO (punches) 1stround 1:33
Flyweight: John Dodson def. Darrell Montague KO (punches) 1st round 4:13
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners