Mr Terminator President: Arnold Schwarzenegger Eyes White House in 2016, Pushes for Constitutional Amendment to Allow Him to Run
By Vittorio Hernandez | October 19, 2013 11:16 PM EST
It is not just former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who has cast a moist eye on the seat currently occupied by U.S. President Barack Obama. Also interest in running for the presidency is action star and former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Known for his The Terminator blockbuster movie, Mr Schwarzenegger, however, need to terminate or at least amend one law for him to be qualified for the highest political position in the U.S.
That is the charter which bans foreign-born people from becoming president. To amend the U.S. Constitution, changes must be approved by two-thirds majority in the Lower and Upper Houses of Congress.
As early as 2010, Mr Scharzenegger, who was born in Austria and naturalised in 1983, told Tonight Show host Jay Leno during a guesting stint that if the Constitution would be amended, he would run for the presidency.
He could, however, launch a legal challenge to that part of the charter.
New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg once joked about forming a presidential team with the former governor but they couldn't decide who leads and who plays second fiddle.
"There would be a fight to see who would be the presidential candidate and who would be the vice presidential candidate. He would want to arm-wrestle for the top; I would want to check the Constitution," the mayor quipped, quoted by The New York Post.
If the Terminator indeed gets past the Constitution, his biggest opponent would be the former first lady may not have the brawn to match Mr Schwarzenegger's Mr Universe physique, but she definitely has more brains than the former governor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Canada Claims Good Progress in EU Trade Pact Despite Germany’s Defiant Postures
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015