Mr Terminator President: Arnold Schwarzenegger Eyes White House in 2016, Pushes for Constitutional Amendment to Allow Him to Run
By Vittorio Hernandez | October 19, 2013 11:16 PM EST
It is not just former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who has cast a moist eye on the seat currently occupied by U.S. President Barack Obama. Also interest in running for the presidency is action star and former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Known for his The Terminator blockbuster movie, Mr Schwarzenegger, however, need to terminate or at least amend one law for him to be qualified for the highest political position in the U.S.
That is the charter which bans foreign-born people from becoming president. To amend the U.S. Constitution, changes must be approved by two-thirds majority in the Lower and Upper Houses of Congress.
As early as 2010, Mr Scharzenegger, who was born in Austria and naturalised in 1983, told Tonight Show host Jay Leno during a guesting stint that if the Constitution would be amended, he would run for the presidency.
He could, however, launch a legal challenge to that part of the charter.
New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg once joked about forming a presidential team with the former governor but they couldn't decide who leads and who plays second fiddle.
"There would be a fight to see who would be the presidential candidate and who would be the vice presidential candidate. He would want to arm-wrestle for the top; I would want to check the Constitution," the mayor quipped, quoted by The New York Post.
If the Terminator indeed gets past the Constitution, his biggest opponent would be the former first lady may not have the brawn to match Mr Schwarzenegger's Mr Universe physique, but she definitely has more brains than the former governor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen