By Rudi Filapek-Vandyck, Editor FNArena
I joined Twitter. Not because I am curious what this celebrity has to say about her kids, or to read that another one is waiting for a connecting flight, impatiently. Twitter allows me to follow news and commentary sources such as Dow Jones' Marketwatch, Bloomberg News and the Wall Street Journal. It assists me in keeping up with what is happening across the globe, while I am observing and analysing financial markets myself.
While I am on Twitter, reading a quote here and a news flash there, I offer my own succinct insights and commentary. Those amongst you who have already discovered the virtues of a Twitter account can add my Tweets to their daily news via @filapek.
For those who have no intention to join Twitter, but would like to stay up to date, below are my Tweets from the week past:
- Daily Broker Research: FNArena registered no less than 10 downgrades today; Ansell, ANZ, Boral, Challenger (3x), Fortescue, Orica, Ten (2x)
- Where's the global M&A?, Citi asks. Answer: the potential went into share buybacks and other shareholder bonuses instead #investing
- UBS commodity strategist believes macro backdrop #commodities is deteriorating with banks deleveraging accelerating, increases downside risk
- UBS remains cautious price outlook key commodities diversified miners, iron ore, copper to fall>10% 2014, thermal coal, gold to fall ~5% y/y
- Less disruptions and less strikes are keeping #copper market in surplus this year. Macquarie expects more of the same for 2014 #metals
- UBS has lifted #ironore price forecasts to US$123/t (prev. US$117/t) in 2013, US$106/t (prev. US$105/t) in 2014, 2015 unchanged at US$95/t
- Anyone noticed? This whole kick-the-can political process is actually BENEFICIAL for #equities as they rally, rally, rally on low volumes
- Hmm. What's the best working equities strategy, even in the US? BTIG's Dan Greenhaus reports it has been #dividend growth. Attention please!
- Points out Dennis Gartman: North Dakota produces more oil each day than Ecuador, an OPEC member. Something to reflect upon? #energy
- Wise words from Auscap Asset Mngt: Sometimes the stocks you avoid are some of the best investment decisions you make #investing
- UBS strategists maintain global growth, and profits, are set to accelerate into 2014 and US politics is not going to damage this outlook
- BA-ML's global investment managers survey has generated the obvious conclusion: Long Central Bankers, Short Politicians #investing
- Macquarie: This cycle's profit recovery will remain fundamentally different from the cycle recoveries of the last 20 years; weaker cyclicals
- So you think Leighton shares seem attractively priced? Read and weep this first: http://goo.gl/IMb1Fc
- Deutsche Bank notes local investors are heavily overweight Oz banks which makes sector vulnerable in case of sector rotation (at some point)
- Morgan Stanley retains 12 month rolling target for ASX200 at 5500, implying double digit returns against a background of lacklustre profits
- A hopeful Macquarie: equities might need to drop another 5% before a deal can be expected from Washington #investing
- Macquarie: for first time in 3 years confident consumer sonsumption will pick up in Oz in next 6 months, lower rates, AUD would support view
- Analysis by Citi suggests recent market optimism on #coal prices likely prove misguided. Predicts slowing demand from China #commodities
- China just passed the United States as the world's biggest oil importer: http://cnb.cx/16zTXGY
You can add my regular Tweets on Twitter via @filapek
Find out why FNArena subscribers like the service so much: "Your Feedback (Thank You)" - Warning this story contains unashamedly positive feedback on the service provided.
FN Arena is building the future of financial news reporting at www.fnarena.com . Our daily news reports can be trialed at no cost and with no obligations. Simply sign up and get a feel for what we are trying to achieve.
Subscribers and trialists should read our terms and conditions, available on the website.
All material published by FN Arena is the copyright of the publisher, unless otherwise stated. Reproduction in whole or in part is not permitted without written permission of the publisher.