"Sherlock" 3 Premiere Date a Mystery; Attention Shifts to "Sherlock" 4 and "Sherlock" 5
By Anshu Shrivastava | October 18, 2013 9:40 PM EST
The premiere date of "Sherlock" 3 is still shrouded in mystery, but there are already talks of "Sherlock" Season 4 and "Sherlock" Season 5. Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays the titular role of Sherlock, and Martin Freeman, who potrays Dr Watson, have shown interest in doing a couple of more seasons of "Sherlock" despite their busy Hollywood schedule.
Cumberbatch had indicated that they have agreed on doing two more series. "All I know at the moment is I'm doing these three [the episodes of "Sherlock 3"] and another three," the Bristish actor had said as quoted by The Global Dispatch. Freeman had said at an event that the season four of "Sherlock" is in the pipeline.
Steven Moffat responded to Cumberbatch and Freeman's comments on the new, unannounced seasons, with some British humour.
"We had to inform the BBC that Martin and Benedict had commissioned a new series. They signed themselves up. They both announced that they were carrying on -- so that's good," Moffat said as quoted by Radio Times.
The hugely popular BBC series "Sherlock" is based on Sir Arthur Connan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes." There are speculations that "Sherlock" Season 3 will premiere sometime in January, 2014. BBC might give millions of "Sherlock" fans a surprise gift in the form of a new episode on October 31, 2013. The October 31 date, however, seems highly unlikely as we are well past mid-October.
The first episode of "Sherlock" Season 3 is The Empty Hearse', written by Mark Gatiss and directed by Jeremy Lovering. It is loosely based on the original short story by Sir Doyle, "The Adventure of the Empty House." Sherlock will appear in front of Watson at the Baker Street, revealing to him and the viewers how he faked his death. Watson will be happy seeing his friend back but will hold a grudge against him. Watson is also expected to get married in the new season, probably in the second episode of "Sherlock" 3.
Charles Augustus Magnussen is the new villain, portrayed by Lars Mikkelsen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories