"Sherlock" 3 Premiere Date a Mystery; Attention Shifts to "Sherlock" 4 and "Sherlock" 5
By Anshu Shrivastava | October 18, 2013 9:40 PM EST
The premiere date of "Sherlock" 3 is still shrouded in mystery, but there are already talks of "Sherlock" Season 4 and "Sherlock" Season 5. Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays the titular role of Sherlock, and Martin Freeman, who potrays Dr Watson, have shown interest in doing a couple of more seasons of "Sherlock" despite their busy Hollywood schedule.
Cumberbatch had indicated that they have agreed on doing two more series. "All I know at the moment is I'm doing these three [the episodes of "Sherlock 3"] and another three," the Bristish actor had said as quoted by The Global Dispatch. Freeman had said at an event that the season four of "Sherlock" is in the pipeline.
Steven Moffat responded to Cumberbatch and Freeman's comments on the new, unannounced seasons, with some British humour.
"We had to inform the BBC that Martin and Benedict had commissioned a new series. They signed themselves up. They both announced that they were carrying on -- so that's good," Moffat said as quoted by Radio Times.
The hugely popular BBC series "Sherlock" is based on Sir Arthur Connan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes." There are speculations that "Sherlock" Season 3 will premiere sometime in January, 2014. BBC might give millions of "Sherlock" fans a surprise gift in the form of a new episode on October 31, 2013. The October 31 date, however, seems highly unlikely as we are well past mid-October.
The first episode of "Sherlock" Season 3 is The Empty Hearse', written by Mark Gatiss and directed by Jeremy Lovering. It is loosely based on the original short story by Sir Doyle, "The Adventure of the Empty House." Sherlock will appear in front of Watson at the Baker Street, revealing to him and the viewers how he faked his death. Watson will be happy seeing his friend back but will hold a grudge against him. Watson is also expected to get married in the new season, probably in the second episode of "Sherlock" 3.
Charles Augustus Magnussen is the new villain, portrayed by Lars Mikkelsen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles