"Sherlock" 3 Premiere Date a Mystery; Attention Shifts to "Sherlock" 4 and "Sherlock" 5
By Anshu Shrivastava | October 18, 2013 9:40 PM EST
The premiere date of "Sherlock" 3 is still shrouded in mystery, but there are already talks of "Sherlock" Season 4 and "Sherlock" Season 5. Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays the titular role of Sherlock, and Martin Freeman, who potrays Dr Watson, have shown interest in doing a couple of more seasons of "Sherlock" despite their busy Hollywood schedule.
Cumberbatch had indicated that they have agreed on doing two more series. "All I know at the moment is I'm doing these three [the episodes of "Sherlock 3"] and another three," the Bristish actor had said as quoted by The Global Dispatch. Freeman had said at an event that the season four of "Sherlock" is in the pipeline.
Steven Moffat responded to Cumberbatch and Freeman's comments on the new, unannounced seasons, with some British humour.
"We had to inform the BBC that Martin and Benedict had commissioned a new series. They signed themselves up. They both announced that they were carrying on -- so that's good," Moffat said as quoted by Radio Times.
The hugely popular BBC series "Sherlock" is based on Sir Arthur Connan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes." There are speculations that "Sherlock" Season 3 will premiere sometime in January, 2014. BBC might give millions of "Sherlock" fans a surprise gift in the form of a new episode on October 31, 2013. The October 31 date, however, seems highly unlikely as we are well past mid-October.
The first episode of "Sherlock" Season 3 is The Empty Hearse', written by Mark Gatiss and directed by Jeremy Lovering. It is loosely based on the original short story by Sir Doyle, "The Adventure of the Empty House." Sherlock will appear in front of Watson at the Baker Street, revealing to him and the viewers how he faked his death. Watson will be happy seeing his friend back but will hold a grudge against him. Watson is also expected to get married in the new season, probably in the second episode of "Sherlock" 3.
Charles Augustus Magnussen is the new villain, portrayed by Lars Mikkelsen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks