"Sherlock" 3 Premiere Date a Mystery; Attention Shifts to "Sherlock" 4 and "Sherlock" 5
By Anshu Shrivastava | October 18, 2013 9:40 PM EST
The premiere date of "Sherlock" 3 is still shrouded in mystery, but there are already talks of "Sherlock" Season 4 and "Sherlock" Season 5. Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays the titular role of Sherlock, and Martin Freeman, who potrays Dr Watson, have shown interest in doing a couple of more seasons of "Sherlock" despite their busy Hollywood schedule.
Cumberbatch had indicated that they have agreed on doing two more series. "All I know at the moment is I'm doing these three [the episodes of "Sherlock 3"] and another three," the Bristish actor had said as quoted by The Global Dispatch. Freeman had said at an event that the season four of "Sherlock" is in the pipeline.
Steven Moffat responded to Cumberbatch and Freeman's comments on the new, unannounced seasons, with some British humour.
"We had to inform the BBC that Martin and Benedict had commissioned a new series. They signed themselves up. They both announced that they were carrying on -- so that's good," Moffat said as quoted by Radio Times.
The hugely popular BBC series "Sherlock" is based on Sir Arthur Connan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes." There are speculations that "Sherlock" Season 3 will premiere sometime in January, 2014. BBC might give millions of "Sherlock" fans a surprise gift in the form of a new episode on October 31, 2013. The October 31 date, however, seems highly unlikely as we are well past mid-October.
The first episode of "Sherlock" Season 3 is The Empty Hearse', written by Mark Gatiss and directed by Jeremy Lovering. It is loosely based on the original short story by Sir Doyle, "The Adventure of the Empty House." Sherlock will appear in front of Watson at the Baker Street, revealing to him and the viewers how he faked his death. Watson will be happy seeing his friend back but will hold a grudge against him. Watson is also expected to get married in the new season, probably in the second episode of "Sherlock" 3.
Charles Augustus Magnussen is the new villain, portrayed by Lars Mikkelsen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate