NCAA Football Week 8 Preview and Free Live Streaming: #22 Florida vs. #14 Missouri
By Jonar Sabilano | October 18, 2013 6:41 PM EST
In Sunday's Southeastern Conference game between #22 Florida Gators and #14 Missouri Tigers, the depth of the conference will be underscored. Even if some teams have more than one loss, the quality of the opposition the face week-in and week-out means that the league itself is very competitive. In fact, eight SEC teams are in the Top 25, including #1 Alabama, #6 Louisiana State and #7 Texas A&M. The other teams, if not national championship contenders, are more or less guaranteed slots in the various bowl games that will be played in the post-season.
The Florida Gators are 4-2, with wins over Toledo, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Arkansas and losses to Miami (FL) and Louisiana State. It may be argued that the wins are not of high quality since Kentucky and Arkansas are at the bottom of their respective SEC divisions, but the mere fact that the Gators play in the highly-charged SEC in which the bottom feeders can beat other conferences' frontrunners is a factor in the rankings. The Gators' losses to Miami, which has since been ranked #10 after being under the radar in the pre-season, and current #10 LSU
The Tigers, on the other hand, are 6-0 for the season. Unlike the Gators, though, they have faced only one Top 25 team in #7 Georgia, which marked their entry into the rankings. Their resume is far less impressive, with only two high-quality non-conference games in Indiana and Toledo. The atmosphere in Columbia, though, is abuzz with the prospect of going up further in the rankings with a win against a Florida team that was projected as the #12 team in the pre-season rankings. The Tigers want nothing more than a win to jumpstart their momentum before running through a gauntlet of SEC spoilers, culminating in a Nov 30 encounter with Texas A&M at home.
Faurot Field in Columbia will be the venue of the Florida-Missouri game, one that could either spell the stoppage of a slide for Florida or the continuation of an upward trend for Missouri.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced