GTA Online Update: New Patch Released to Fix Technical Issues
By Janice Somosot | October 18, 2013 5:38 PM EST
GTA Online has just released a new patch called the automatic title update to fix technical issues in the game, including game progress loss. The automatic title update is available worldwide for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game consoles.
According to Rockstar Newswire, this updated patch will prevent GTA character loss due to random deletion. This also helps preserve the players' accumulated cash, guns, ammo, apartments and rank in the game.
However, vehicles are another story because depending on the situation, players can still lose their automobiles.
"This title update will resolve the cause of players losing their gameplay progress except for some specific instances where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure. A fix for that particular issue is being worked on and we will provide an update as soon as we know when this will be resolved." posted Rockstar Newswire.
Rockstar Newswire also issued an apology to its fans saying, "We apologize for the problems some players have been experiencing with lost characters or game progress due to this issue - please stay tuned for updates as we continue to investigate this."
Aside from the issues about character and game progress loss that a lot of GTA players have complained about, the automatic title update also addresses game enhancements and technical fixes.
Speaking about technical fixes in GTA Online, these include fixes on:
1. Infinite sky cams, infinite loading and missing interface options between jobs
2. Monetary penalty adjustment for being killed in a One on One match
3. "Replay" option being locked out on certain jobs
4. Last Team Standing sessions that would not progress past the lobby
5. Network errors when using Quick Job to join Last Team Standing
6. Stuck players in Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow
7. Stuck players while respraying a Sanchez motor in the mod garage
8. GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
9. Using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages - clearer information is provided when servers are down to alert players and prevent them from playing online with a temporary character
Despite this new automatic title update to fix several issues mentioned above, Rockstar is still advising players that before they exit GTA Online, they have to return to Single player through the pause menu to save their game.
And, if the message "Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable," pops up, do not select "Retry," or create a temporary Character to play GTA Online.
Players must instead exit to GTAV Story Mode and then re-enter GTA Online throught the Story Mode menu.
Rockstar is said to be investigating the cause of the glitch that cost some players their beloved characters. But, they didn't address issues regarding lost character restoration or compensation for the loss.
For more updates on GTA Online, (click here)
Read more about GTA Online Update: Social Club Event Weekends (click here)
Read more on the GTA 5: 2013 Game of The Year? (click here)
Read more on the GTA 5: Cloud Gaming Full Steam Ahead Despite Glitches (click here)
Read more on the GTA 5 PC Overwhelming Demand: More than 600,000 Petitioners Want GTA 5 on PC (click here)
Read more on GTA 5 PC Update: New Possible System Requirements (Click here)
Read more on GTA 5 PC Torrent Fools Gamers: Installs 18 GB Malware (Click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Sony Xperia E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat 20.1.B.0.60 Certified by PTCRB; Transfer Apps to SD Card Possible
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide