Samsung begins rolling out of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for the Galaxy S4 LTE variant with model number GT-I9505 with more than 10 different features and changes added.
Samsung on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
Samsung's promised update at its Mobile Unpacked Episode 2 event happened as the Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 firmware is now being rolled out by the company. Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update initially pushed on the LTE variant of the smartphone with model number GT-I9505.
According to SamMobile, not many changes have been brought by the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware, but it was able to deliver tons of improvements and optimisations throughout the device. The Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 running the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now faster, with increased benchmarking score that increased the 25-26k bracket running Android 4.2.2 to 29-30k using Android 4.3.
Samsung didn't provide any official and complete change log regarding their new software update, but the push was revealed to have begun in Germany. Owners from other countries simply need to wait as updates are released gradually.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Noticeable Changes on Galaxy S4
The following are some details regarding the improvements, changes and optimisations delivered by Android 4.3 Jelly Bean to the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505:
1. OpenGL 3.0 support now enabled
2. Galaxy Gear device support
3. TRIM support for faster and smoother performance
4. ANT+ now supported
5. Samsung Knox Security implemented with Knox bootloader and dedicated application
6. Samsung Wallet as native application
7. RAM management has been improved
8. Improvements in display colour reproduction resulting to sharper displays
9. Upgrade on the TouchWiz UI
10. New Samsung keyboard installed
11. Enhancements of the Samsung Browser with full screen, new tab interface, etc
12. New Reading Mode with optimised display for reading but used by specific apps
13. New Camera app firmware
14. Minor changes on the Contacts app, Flashlight widget, dialog boxes and more
The official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 is being pushed gradually and arrival may depend on your current territory or network carrier. Brand network carriers will need to tweak and improve the firmware before Samsung can push the update on your device.
In order to get the update or check if the firmware has arrived in your area, go to "Settings > More > About Device > Software Update > Update." You can also use the Samsung Kies PC Suite on your computer to check new updates by plugging in your smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail: