SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Expansion Pack Ready to Launch
By Aditya Bhat | October 17, 2013 10:27 PM EST
Electronic Arts (EA) and Maxis' SimCity will get its first expansion, titled 'Cities of Tomorrow', in November.
Cities of Tomorrow is set in the future thus changing its gameplay. The game will have a Giant Robot Attack, futuristic skyscrapers, mega corporations, unique transportation tools and more.
Players will be able to build skyscrapers that are futuristic in design and technology. They will also be able to create vast transportation network high above the ground. This pack will add a futuristic mass transit type called the "Maglev". Maglev trains run on elevated tracks which are inspired from the magnetic levitation trains in China and Japan as well as the Hyperloop concept by Elon Musk.
This downloadable content (DLC) will also see the addition of Skybridges, providing links between different Mega Towers. Mega Towers pack shops, housing, schools, parks and businesses. The DLC also provides gamers with drones to fight congestion in traffic in the city. It offers game specializations like The Academy and OmegaCo.
The pack will also have mega corporations spoiling the environment and the game allows players to choose between maximum profits and environmental conservation.
The possibility of bringing the offline play into SimCity is being explored by Maxis, Digital Spy reported.
Cities of Tomorrow Expansion Pack will release on 12 November for PC and Mac via Origin. The game will be priced $30.
After its release in March 2013, gamers had to deal with numerous server related issues. However, after acknowledging those issues, the company managed to add more servers. To compensate for the series of issues, EA offered its SimCity players one free game to choose from a list of games like SimCity 4, Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet