SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Expansion Pack Ready to Launch
By Aditya Bhat | October 17, 2013 10:27 PM EST
Electronic Arts (EA) and Maxis' SimCity will get its first expansion, titled 'Cities of Tomorrow', in November.
Cities of Tomorrow is set in the future thus changing its gameplay. The game will have a Giant Robot Attack, futuristic skyscrapers, mega corporations, unique transportation tools and more.
Players will be able to build skyscrapers that are futuristic in design and technology. They will also be able to create vast transportation network high above the ground. This pack will add a futuristic mass transit type called the "Maglev". Maglev trains run on elevated tracks which are inspired from the magnetic levitation trains in China and Japan as well as the Hyperloop concept by Elon Musk.
This downloadable content (DLC) will also see the addition of Skybridges, providing links between different Mega Towers. Mega Towers pack shops, housing, schools, parks and businesses. The DLC also provides gamers with drones to fight congestion in traffic in the city. It offers game specializations like The Academy and OmegaCo.
The pack will also have mega corporations spoiling the environment and the game allows players to choose between maximum profits and environmental conservation.
The possibility of bringing the offline play into SimCity is being explored by Maxis, Digital Spy reported.
Cities of Tomorrow Expansion Pack will release on 12 November for PC and Mac via Origin. The game will be priced $30.
After its release in March 2013, gamers had to deal with numerous server related issues. However, after acknowledging those issues, the company managed to add more servers. To compensate for the series of issues, EA offered its SimCity players one free game to choose from a list of games like SimCity 4, Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6