The time has come when Smartwatches will take over, as they are surely the much talked about gadget at the moment. And with Sony and Samsung already competing for it, can we expect Google to stay away?
With abundant rumours around, everyone is actually looking forward to the Google Smartwatch. According to rumours, Google Smartwatch is soon expected to be launched. There is a buzz in the air that the new Google venture is nearly completed and would soon release its product.
The Google Smartwatch is believed to be named Gem.
The rumours started to take shape in August when Google revealed that it bought a company called WIMM, which is a watch manufacturing company. Let's face it, a watch with Google's Android software would surely be nifty and handy.
"9to5Google", a tech Web site, has reported that Google Smartwatch may soon be unveiled, but the specific date and day are not known yet. However, the gadget is rumoured to be released by the end of Oct. 2013.
The Speculated Features of the Google Smartwatch
1. According to 9to5Google it is expected to be heavily adapting its functions from Google Now, Google Glass and Android OS, 4.4 KitKat.
2. The Google Smartwatch is also expected to be accepting some voice commands and perform actions like checking emails and text messages and added features of reminder and alarms.
3. Google, as rumoured is giving final touches to the gear and is expected to render longer battery life.
4. Another expected feature is Bluetooth 4.0 using Low Energy Technology.
5. 'Push a button, ask a question, get a response as the watch talks to the Now-enabled smartphone. Also, the 'serendipitous' information that Google Now shows you on your phone could come up in the watch," said Seth Weintraub of 9to5Google Web site.
Smartwatches are expected to revolutionize the concept of the wearables. With the tech giants entering the smartwatch battle each day the market is expected to boom in the coming time.
Juniper research has claimed that the market for the smartwatches is going to be big. And it can be expected to grow by about 14-times by the year 2018. And about 36million smartwaches can be expected to be shipped globally claiming a significant place in the gadget market.
To contact the editor, e-mail: