Android 4.4 KitKat Update: 8 HTC, 8 LG Optimus, 10 Samsung Galaxy and 8 Sony Xperia Devices to Get Upgrades
By Ryan Inoyori | October 17, 2013 3:37 PM EST
New updated list of devices has been released which are expected to get Android 4.4 KitKat soon after Google formally launch it. Owners of HTC, LG, Samsung and Sony mobile devices just have to wait till manufacturers finish developing the firmware before it gets pushed.
HTC One and Desire Family
HTC may be suffering financial distraught at the moment but the company will still push updates once 4.4 is released. HTC One Max is probably getting firsthand on Android KitKat while others are to be followed.
1. HTC One Max
2. HTC One: Upgradable to 4.3
3. HTC One X+ and One X: Remains disputed and yet to be confirmed by HTC
4. New HTC Desire phones of 2013
5. HTC Droid DNA, Butterfly and J: Strong possibility of getting an update
LG Optimus Line
G2 holds the flagship of LG and gains special treatment with Android 4.4 KitKat. LG may expand firmware updates to the following devices as well.
1. LG G2: Current flagship
2. LG Nexus 4: No doubt for its a Nexus phone
3. LG Optimus L7, L5, L3: Probably first on the 2nd generation set
4. LG Optimus G and G Pro: Former LG flagships
5. LG Optimus VU Series
Samsung Galaxy Line
Samsung Knox Security document recently leaked and supported details of expected Galaxy phones getting Android 4.4 KitKat.
1. Samsung Galaxy Note 3
2. Samsung Galaxy S4, Active and Zoom
3. Samsung Galaxy Mega: No confirmation whether 5.8 or 6.3 variant is receiving update
4. Samsung Galaxy S3: Samsung confirmed push update of Android 4.3
5. Samsung Galaxy Note 2: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has been confirmed
6. Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini: Based on Knox Security leaked document
7. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and Tab 2: No official announcement has been though
Samsung Galaxy S5 would be the first to get Android 4.4 KitKat according to rumours which may be followed by software upgrades among older devices.
Sony Xperia Smartphones
Sony Mobile already confirmed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update to the Xperia Z family including the mid-range Xperia SP, scheduled on December 2013.
1. Sony Xperia Z1, Z Ultra: Current flagship devices
2. Sony Xperia Z, ZR, ZL: Android 4.3 confirmation among Xperia Z family
3. Sony Xperia Tablet Z: Considered in the Xperia Z line
4. Sony Xperia Tablet S: No official confirmation yet
5. Sony Xperia SP: Android 4.3 scheduled pushed leaked
Google will release both Android 4.4 KitKat and Nexus 5 in late October or early November 2013 with immediate update push among older Nexus devices. Speculations revealed segmented firmware updates through Play Store to bring some features of Android 4.4 to most Android mobile devices worldwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists