Top 3 Reasons Why LG Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KitKat Release Date May Be Delayed
By Ryan Inoyori | October 17, 2013 3:08 PM EST
Lots of people are expecting LG Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KitKat coming out this Friday, Oct 18, 2013. However, the upcoming Nexus phone and next-gen Android OS may not appear anytime soon due to three issues happening in the United States.
United States Government Shutdown
Even if some fans are anxious for LG Nexus 5 release and cannot wait anymore to buy it, the United States government shutdown may delay the official launching date, according to experts. The shutdown slows down the Federal Communications Commission or FCC to process certification required for the Nexus 5.
Without any FCC certification, the latest Nexus won't be launched till Google's new smartphone gets fully certified. Around 98 percent of the FCC's staff and employees are currently on temporary unpaid leave due to special needs because of economic conditions set by the government shutdown.
"Increasingly it's going to have an impact on the widely known and available consumer products, depending on how long the shutdown lasts," according to Michele Farquhar, a Washington-based partner with Hogan Lovells, quotes Mirror News.
FCC Certification Delay
A delay of the FCC certification will not let Nexus 5 to be launched, and Google should have got their hands on it before the U.S. shutdown happened. Recently, FCC certification codes appeared online detailing Nexus 5 upcoming release date, but the document seems to be a month old which casts doubt on whether Google got the latest copy.
Google remains quite about the announcement of Android 4.4 KitKat and Nexus 5 launching date which was rumoured to happen as early as Oct 18. Another tip about the release date has been revealed as well, telling that Google will launch both by the end of October or early November 2013.
Artem Russakovskii of Android Police said that Android 4.4 KitKat won't be out until Oct 31, and the earlier rumoured Oct 14 date could have been a "technical acceptance" date for the Nexus 5.
However, Google has yet to officially announce the schedule of their event.
Android 4.4 KitKat OS-Nexus 5 Pairing
The Nexus 5 is the first to run Android 4.4 KitKat, and Google won't push updates yet until the Nexus 5 is cleared from FCC. It is unknown if Google holds the certification required for its launching or when will they plan to schedule an event.
Android device manufacturers are now preparing for the upcoming Android 4.4 KitKat source code which they may have already received and are simply waiting for Google to say "GO!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates