'Fifty Shades of Grey's' Dakota Johnson on Anastasia Steele Role: Will She or Will She Not Drop the Part?
By Diadem Pambid | October 17, 2013 10:40 AM EST
Dakota Johnson, the actress who successfully nabbed the part of Anastasia Steele, is rumoured to be under intense pressure after Charlie Hunnam's departure from the film. Sources claim Melanie Griffith's daughter is close to dropping out from the film adaptation as well. With the pressure increasing at every turn, will Dakota Johnson drop the part of Anastasia Steele or not?
The "Pacific Rim" star certainly shocked a lot of fans when he nabbed the part of Christian Grey. Heck, even Hunnam's co-stars from "Sons of Anarchy" doubled over the news of Charlie playing the part of Christian Grey. Yet, nothing had prepared fans for Hunnam's next move which was to drop out from the film.
Reports claimed Hunnam dropped out from the film due to his "immersive TV schedule" but other sources claim he had gotten "cold feet" from all the attention. With Hunnam out, fans are wondering if Dakota Johnson would soon follow his footsteps.
That of course won't be the case. Dakota Johnson is still set to play Anastasia Steele in "Fifty Shades of Grey." In spite of feeling sad over the news that Hunnam will no longer play her partner, Dakota has focused on other things in mind specifically casting for her new Christian Grey.
"For Dakota, she was sad that Charlie had to back out but she is very excited to see who will take the role," says a source to Entertainment Wise.
"She is in constant contact with producers and the studio and she is very willing to help out in any way and is looking forward to do readings with everyone who is available for the role. She is taking things well since she is still a part of the film," continued the source.
Fans of the "Social Network" star shouldn't have to worry about Dakota getting fired from the film.
"Dakota earned the role and she shouldn't be worried right now. The only time she will have to worry, if at all, is if they hire someone that has no chemistry with her," explained the source, adding, "But they are casting the actor with her in mind."
Well, this certainly explains all the doubts fans have had since Charlie Hunnam left the film. Dakota Johnson will still play Anastasia Steele and in no way will Alexis Bledel or any other actress replace her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation