Evasi0n iOS 7 Jailbreak Release: ‘We will hurry up,’ Says Apple Hacker; But iOS Hacking Training First in KL
By Arlene Paredes | October 16, 2013 6:16 PM EST
The evasi0n iOS 7 jailbreak release may have to wait a bit longer. Half of the evad3rs will be in Malaysia for a training on iOS hacking (#HITB2013KUL). But evad3r @pimskeks has posted on Twitter the team "will hurry up" to respond to waiting iPhone, iPad and iPod touch jailbreakers.
About a month ago, evasi0n iOS 7 jailbreak developer @planetbeing announced the evad3rs have (finally) started to really look into the new Apple OS. Before then, there were merely teasers and iOS 7 commentaries from the other hackers.
The original evasi0n jailbreak exploits were blocked by iOS 6.1.3, which was rolled out several months ago. Despite some speculations that hacking Apple will soon be over, the recent evasi0n updates say otherwise.
In fact, evad3rs @pod2g and @pimskeks are presently in Malaysia teaching iOS exploitation to interested parties. The conference is called Hack in the Box (HITB). It kicked off on Oct. 14, and will last until Oct. 17. A video recording of the training for Apple hackers will be released sometime after HITB2013KL.
The evad3rs are expected to regroup after the KL training. After which, @pimskek's "hurry up" tweet may come to fruition.
@nabla_c0d3 I'm so sorry. I promise we will hurry up with the iOS7 jb...
— Nikias Bassen (@pimskeks) October 15, 2013
Evasi0n iOS 7 Jailbreak: October or November? Top 3 Things To Know
Those who have been waiting for evasi0n iOS 7 jailbreak will have to be more patient. The situation is different now compared to the iOS 6.1.3 release. Here are three things to know:
1. Before iOS 6.1.3 was rolled out, @planetbeing announced the evad3rs would rather wait for the next iOS iteration. This time with iOS 7, the active scrutiny started after the new OS was released.
2. "We're still working hard on the jailbreak. May have all the pieces at this point (but not certain yet)," evad3r @planetbeing said on Twitter on Oct. 3.
3. "Even if we manage to make everything work, the time for a release must be chosen carefully," tweets evad3r @pimskeks on Oct. 4.
The three notes above imply amateur jailbreakers -- iPhone 5S users included -- do not need to pay for any iOS 7 jailbreak at this point. Follow this link for the Oct. 7 to 12 "not this week" advisory on evasi0n iOS 7 jailbreak.
Related 'evasi0n iOS 7 Jailbreak' Features:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy