Samsung Galaxy S4 owners can now enjoy 12 exclusive and envied applications from the Galaxy Note 3. Due to the similar environment used by Samsung on both devices, importing stock applications from one another isn't so difficult after all. Know the easy installation to get Note 3 features.
Credit: XDA Developers
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Features for Galaxy S4
XDA developer senior member LastStandingDroid did the remarkable job to let owners of Galaxy S4 use Galaxy Note 3 exclusive applications and features by extracting APK or installation files from the latest phablet. LastStandingDroid also included the detailed information which features are compatible and installation instructions on how to run them on S4.
Fully Functional Apps
1. My Files
2. Bloomberg+ with Air Gestures feature
3. Active Apps Widgets
4. Wallpaper chooser
5. Alarm Widget
Functional on Android 4.3 Firmware Only
1. S Finder feature
2. Camera app with exception of Golf and Panorama 360 modes
3. MMS receiving and sending but bubbles and text may appear large
4. TouchWiz UI and launcher from Note 3
2. S Health with requirement of Sensor Service
Not Yet Working Properly
1. Gallery app may force close when opening images or videos
2. Samsung Wallet installation may not get passed after the first page
Warning: We are not responsible for any damages or errors which may occur on your device. Make sure you are ready to lose warranty in case something happens to your Galaxy S4. Do this at your own risk.
1. Create a backup of all personal information, settings and data files on your device.
2. Create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM which you can use to restore the system in case an error occurs. Reboot your device into recovery mode > backup and restore > backup. The ROM will be saved inside the SD card.
3. Do not use the Samsung Kies to create any backup. Manually backup everything inside your phone.
1. Download the APK file of the application you want to install by clicking their name above.
2. Install the APK file for the application using a file manager, preferably with root access and place them to "/system/app" as a system app. Titanium Backup Pro and any similar app may also be used for this.
3. For the S Health app, install the APK file of the Sensor Service in the same method.
4. If the procedure will force you to replace an existing system application, apply the same method of installation but delete that ".odex" file. If you are using a deodexed ROM, you may not see any existing applications.
5. Reboot your smartphone.
Fixing the Sketchbook and S Health
1. Move the application's APK file from "system/apps" to "data/app" by using the file manager with root access or Titanium Backup Pro.
2. Reboot your device.
For any problems or errors, send you feedback to the main thread of LastStandingDroid at XDA Developers.
To contact the editor, e-mail: