Experts are asking you to eat chocolates if you want to lose weight, stay slim and live a longer life.
For a long time, studies have concluded people should cut out on the sweet treats, like everyone's favorite chocolates. But a recent research showed a different result. The sweet treats are not the reason people fail in losing weight and staying slim.
The YouGov Survey
A YouGov survey was conducted on about 2,100 men and women in total to find out the answer. In the survey all the participants were questioned extensively. The study has revealed astonishing results which only brings out good news for people.
The survey concluded following results:
1. About 86% of slim people who continue the consumption of their favorite sweet treats including chocolates are more likely to lose weight.
2. In 91% of cases, those who lost most weight were eating the same amount of chocolates that they ate before starting with their slimming programme.
3. Research has proven that the weight-loss plans which largely focus on food elimination and self control have greater possibilities of failing.
The YouGov survey was commissioned by Janet Aylott, who is a nutrition scientist with Nutracheck, an online calorie counting plan.
According to Ms Aylott, if a person wants to lose weight and stay slim, developing and practicing a relaxed diet can prove successful.
The results of the YouGov research are consistent with the other studies which were conducted previously and have concluded that diets that compel elimination of favorite foods usually fail. When foods like chocolates, wine, biscuits and other sweet treats are forcibly removed from the diet, it causes more harm. It happens because the person tends to eat other forms of food to"compensate." Weight gain happens in the process.
"Extensive research has proven that diets centred around food elimination are much more likely to fail. 'The key is to take a more relaxed approach and to have a little of what you like," says Janet Aylott.
Research by Harvard University Team
In another research conducted by a team of Harvard University, researchers have concluded that people who eat reasonable amount of chocolates for up to 3 times a month tend to live a year longer than those who do not eat all.
The study was conducted on 8000 men for about 65 years. They have explained that this happens because of the presence of antioxidants in cocoa. These antioxidants are called polyphenols which prevents from increase in harmful cholesterol. Also, they are found in red wine and help in protection against cancer.
To sum up, the study implies that whatever your goal is -- to lose weight, stay slim or live longer -- you don't necessarily have to sacrifice your chocolates. Eat chocolates and stay healthy!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Jelena' Romance: Selena Gomez Shares her Most Shocking Date with Justin Bieber Involving $3M- Diamond [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- Watch Out, Robert Pattinson! Kellan Lutz Reveals He Turned Down The Role Of ‘Twilight’ Lead Edward Cullen [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]