After months of training, Philippines' bet for Miss Universe 2013 Ariella Arida is under house arrest by Binibining Pilipinas Charities Incorporated (BCPI) Madam Stella Marquez Araneta. The 24-year-old beauty queen is well guarded and heavily taken care of in the white mansion as she go through a strict regimen of exercise and diet.
Facebook/Ariella Arida - Road
Miss Philippines Universe 2013 – Ariella Arida
The Miss Universe coronation night will be held in Moscow, Russia in less than a month time and beauty queens from all over the world are expected to arrive in the pageant's venue on October 20-24. Now that Arida's days are numbered, BCPI decided to put her in a location where they can monitor the beauty queen's diet and make sure she eats healthy food, have proper hydration, get enough sleep and religiously following her pageant exercise.
In the recent news, many are concerned that the Philippines' bet is not having enough preparations for the prestigious pageant, but it seems the BCPI is doing it quietly and aggressively to prepare Ariella for the biggest pageant of her life. There so much pressure now since there are two beauty queens from the Philippines who consecutively won Miss Supranational and Miss World, now the question is, will she continue the winning streak and give her country the grand slam for this year?
Ariella Arida won the title Miss Universe Philippines on April 12, 2013 together with Mutya Johanna Datul who is now the reigning Miss Supranational 2013. Ariella wowed the judges with her answer from question, "what lesson in life that women can teach men" which was asked by Philippine National Police chief, Director Alan Purisima.
Her winning is, "One lesson in life that we, women, can teach men is being sensitive. Because we all know that men are more logical when it comes to decision. They usually are more rational, straight forward. Unlike we, women, we use our heart and we tend to get emotional in some of our decisions. For me, sensitivity is something that we can teach men."
There is no definite date when Miss Philippines is flying in Moscow, but here's a complete schedule of events of the Miss Universe 2013.
- October 20-24, 2013: Contestant arrivals in Moscow
- October 25, 2013: Welcome dinner
- October 26-November 3, 2013: Various pre-pageant activities
- November 3, 2013: National Costume show (UStream)
- November 5, 2013: Preliminary Competition (UStream)
- November 6-9, 2013: On The Scene with Teen recap show
- November 9, 2013: Miss Universe 2013 Final Telecast (NBC, Telemundo and various TV networks of participant countries)
- November 9, 2013: Russian Standard After-Party
- November 10, 2013: Contestant departure
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Jelena' Romance: Selena Gomez Shares her Most Shocking Date with Justin Bieber Involving $3M- Diamond [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- Watch Out, Robert Pattinson! Kellan Lutz Reveals He Turned Down The Role Of ‘Twilight’ Lead Edward Cullen [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]