'Fifty Shades of Grey' Dakota Johnson Dealing Difficultly With Fame: 'It's been tough'
By Diadem Pambid | October 16, 2013 10:07 AM EST
"Sons of Anarchy" star, Charlie Hunnam had a bit of difficulty dealing with the fame brought about by "Fifty Shades of Grey." Rumour has it this could have caused Hunnam to drop out from the film. Now, reports state Dakota Johnson is experiencing the same difficulties brought about by the fame from the film adaptation. Would this cause Johnson to drop out from the part of Anastasia Steele as well?
Before production could have even begun, Charlie Hunnam who plays Christian Grey had dropped out from the film.
"The filmmakers of FIFTY SHADES OF GREY and Charlie Hunnam have agreed to find another male lead given Hunnam's immersive TV schedule which is not allowing him time to adequately prepare for the role of Christian Grey," said Universal Pictures in a statement.
Early reports claim that it was due to Hunnam's "immersive TV schedule" that caused him to leave the film and the part of Christian Grey. Sources close to Hunnam however state otherwise.
"This isn't a surprise because what he was taking on with this role was not what Charlie wants in his future career," says the source to E! News, adding, "The attention and the pressure was intense. More than anything he hates attention and being in Fifty Shades of Grey would force him to do lots of media. That's really not his thing. Charlie doesn't want to be massively famous. Plus, he hates conforming and being told what to do. This role would force him to have to be something he is not."
Now, it looks as if Dakota Johnson is facing the same problems as Hunnam. T actress set to play Anastasia Steele is having trouble coping with the fame which is ironic given Dakota's celebrity family.
"Dakota is having a very hard time dealing with all the press. When she first got the role, it was way too much for her," says a source to E! News, adding, "It's been tough."
If Dakota Johnson feels incapable of dealing with the fame as early as now, chances are the "Social Network" star might drop the role like Charlie Hunnam.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe