Root Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 on Android
4.1.2 XXEMH4 Official Firmware
Samsung recently rolled out the follow-up release, Android 4.1.2 XXEMH4, over its previous UK firmware Android 4.1.2 XXEMG4 (July release) for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. The new firmware is now available as Over-The-Air (OTA) update as well as through Samsung KIES exclusively for UK carriers.
Those who have already installed the latest UK firmware with build number XXEMH4 on their Galaxy S3 I9300 can now root the same manually via CF-Root, using our guide.
The CF-Root package used in this guide comes with the following components:
- SuperSU v0.93
- ClockworkMod(CWM) recovery v5.5
- CWM Manager v3.60
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any device damage during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The CF-Root package for XXEMH4 official firmware and instructions provided in this guide are limited to the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 model. Do not attempt installing this firmware on any other device, as it may permanently damage or brick the device. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the device model number.
- Ensure the correct USB drivers are installed for the phone on computer (download Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 USB drivers)
- Disable Samsung KIES as well as any security software installed on the computer.
- Back up important data and settings on the phone to avoid data loss during firmware installation.
- Ensure the device has at least 80% battery charge before you proceed.
How to Root Galaxy S3 I9300 Running on Android 4.1.2 XXEMH4 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Step 1 - Download CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip for Galaxy S3 on your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to install Android 4.1.2 on your phone.
Step 3 - Turn off the phone and boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until you see the construction Android robot with a triangle on screen. Then hit Power again to confirm progress into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on computer and connect your phone to it while the phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 - When your phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes turns yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This step may take some time, so do not interrupt the process.
Step 6 - Now choose the root package file that needs to be flashed or installed, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on 'PDA' and choose the file CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar.
Step 7 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, leave all other options at their default settings.
Step 8 - Now click Start button in ODIN and the root installation process will begin. It should take just a few minutes to complete.
Step 9 - Once the root installation is done, your phone should automatically reboot. When the home screen appears, just disconnect the phone from computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 is now rooted on official Android 4.1.2 XXEMH4 OTA firmware. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to confirm root access.
Verify if the root installation is working fine by downloading and installing Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Also Read: How to Install Official N9005XXUDMJ7 Android 4.3 on Galaxy Note 3 LTE [GUIDE]
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: