Halloween is soon arriving. Australia is soon going to immerse itself in celebrations. Meanwhile, plan out the creepy night and pick your Halloween destination this year.
So, here is the list of ten scariest places in Australia, to visit this Halloween.
1. Rookwood Cemetery in Sydney
This place is huge graveyard located in Sydney and has about 1 million dead buried in it. The scary place does not only tell the tales of the dead but is takes you back in time. One can take a glimpse into Sydney's history with its architecture, sculpture and gardens.
2. Monte Cristo Mansion in Junee, New South Wales
This site is said to be the most haunted place in entire Australia. It has witnessed some seven deaths in 19th century. Many people have reported seeing the ghosts of the owner of this colonial mansion. A lot of poltergeist activities have been experienced by the visitors.
3. Fremantle Arts Centre in Western Australia
This place was an asylum that was constructed in 1867. It was the first asylum for the colony and was later made home for the older women. People have experienced many sensations and the sightings of the paranormal.
4. Ararat Lunatic Asylum
Also known as "Aradale" is a deserted mental asylum. It is the biggest in Australia. It was built in 1867 and some of the severe cases were kept here. It was in operation for 140 years and has witnessed approximately 13,000 deaths.
5. Dreamworld in Coomera, Queensland
Dreamworld is a theme park in Queensland. In one of its building, Big Brother Australia is produced. But, since the time the series has started the place has been reported as haunted by the production staff. People have sensed presence of a young girl and a child.
6. Princess Theatre in Melbourne
This theatre was constructed in the year 1854, and can accommodate 1488 people in it. The place is said to be haunted with the ghost of the performer Frederick Baker or 'Federici' who died while performing on stage.
7. National Film and Sound Archive in Australian Capital Territory
This place was National Institute for Anatomy before it was converted to National Film and Sound Archive. The bodies of humans were dissected here. It is reported to be home to some ghosts that are often seen and heard.
8. Gawler House in Gawler, South Australia
The place is said to be haunted by the ghosts of the late residents of this place. The place is in ravages without a roof to cover its top. A visitor has reported that he felt choked when he entered the place.
9. Seppeitsfield Winery in Barossa Valley
The house and the winery is said to be haunted by the maid. There is Vinegar factory in the vicinity where the noises of the machines working have been heard. But the place was closed down 150 years ago. And the blood stains on the wall of mausoleum have also been witnessed.
10. Beechworth Lunatic Asylum In Beechworth, Victoria
This place was a psychiatric hospital and is said to be haunted by the souls of the dead patients. It was opened in 1867 and was closed down in 1995.
Some of these places offer night tours. So, pick one of these ten scariest places in Australia, to visit this Halloween.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Jelena' Romance: Selena Gomez Shares her Most Shocking Date with Justin Bieber Involving $3M- Diamond [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- Fast & Furious Actor Paul Walker Dies In Car Crash: Hoax That Became Truth [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]