Princess Diana Factor -- Cressida Bonas Another Princess Di and Chelsy Davy Another Camilla?
By Sigrid Salucop | October 15, 2013 5:28 PM EST
As news of Cressida Bonas and Prince Harry's engagement still making the rounds online, fans of the royals are saying Cressida Bonas will be another Princess Diana. With Cressida Bonas's aristocrat background much like that of Diana, Princess of Wales, the two are now likened to each other. According to E! Cressida Bonas has the "Princess Diana Factor".
Diana, dubbed as the people's princess, was relatable, fans say. She wore jeans when it was still too risqué to do so while Cressida Bonas wears whatever she likes. Bonas is also reportedly fond of going late-night clubbing and loves adventure much like Prince Harry's late mother.
While being compared to the late Diana, Princess of Wales is deemed as a huge compliment, fans of British Royalty are saying that the comparison is because of Prince Harry's former flame Chelsy Davy. The prince reportedly wrote in a letter addressed to one of his friends that Davy is the love of his life.
Biographer Gyles Brandeth made it known that Camilla and Charles dated before Charles married Lady Diana Spencer. He said that their relationship was common knowledge in the Prince's social circle. But Brandeth adds that Prince Charles's relationship with Camilla Shand was put on hold in the early part of 1973 when the prince joined the Royal Navy. The relationship officially ended when Camilla Shand married Andrew Parker Bowles.
In the 2008 book of Robert Lacey titled "Royal: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II," Lacey wrote that Camilla and Charles met too early and that Charles reportedly did not ask Camilla Shand to wait.
Rumours swirled in the social circle of Prince Charles at the time that the Queen did not want the prince to marry Camilla Shand. In her book "Diana," Sarah Bradford wrote that Lord Mountbatten arranged for the prince to be deployed overseas to end his relationship with Ms Shand.
According to Bradford, it was to make way for Amanda Knatchbull and Prince Charles to marry. Other sources suggest that the Queen Mother did not want Camilla because Alice Keppel, one of the mistresses of King Edward VII is Camilla's great-grandmother. The Queen Mother reportedly wanted one of the Spencers, granddaughters of Lady Fermoy to join the firm.
Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer in 1981. They divorced in 1996.
With this background on Camilla and Diana, fans of the royals are now saying that Cressida Bonas may turn out to be another Princess Diana. An insider also reveals that Prince Harry is still "holding a torch for Zimbabwe-born Chelsy Davy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS