Princess Diana Factor -- Cressida Bonas Another Princess Di and Chelsy Davy Another Camilla?
By Sigrid Salucop | October 15, 2013 5:28 PM EST
As news of Cressida Bonas and Prince Harry's engagement still making the rounds online, fans of the royals are saying Cressida Bonas will be another Princess Diana. With Cressida Bonas's aristocrat background much like that of Diana, Princess of Wales, the two are now likened to each other. According to E! Cressida Bonas has the "Princess Diana Factor".
Diana, dubbed as the people's princess, was relatable, fans say. She wore jeans when it was still too risqué to do so while Cressida Bonas wears whatever she likes. Bonas is also reportedly fond of going late-night clubbing and loves adventure much like Prince Harry's late mother.
While being compared to the late Diana, Princess of Wales is deemed as a huge compliment, fans of British Royalty are saying that the comparison is because of Prince Harry's former flame Chelsy Davy. The prince reportedly wrote in a letter addressed to one of his friends that Davy is the love of his life.
Biographer Gyles Brandeth made it known that Camilla and Charles dated before Charles married Lady Diana Spencer. He said that their relationship was common knowledge in the Prince's social circle. But Brandeth adds that Prince Charles's relationship with Camilla Shand was put on hold in the early part of 1973 when the prince joined the Royal Navy. The relationship officially ended when Camilla Shand married Andrew Parker Bowles.
In the 2008 book of Robert Lacey titled "Royal: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II," Lacey wrote that Camilla and Charles met too early and that Charles reportedly did not ask Camilla Shand to wait.
Rumours swirled in the social circle of Prince Charles at the time that the Queen did not want the prince to marry Camilla Shand. In her book "Diana," Sarah Bradford wrote that Lord Mountbatten arranged for the prince to be deployed overseas to end his relationship with Ms Shand.
According to Bradford, it was to make way for Amanda Knatchbull and Prince Charles to marry. Other sources suggest that the Queen Mother did not want Camilla because Alice Keppel, one of the mistresses of King Edward VII is Camilla's great-grandmother. The Queen Mother reportedly wanted one of the Spencers, granddaughters of Lady Fermoy to join the firm.
Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer in 1981. They divorced in 1996.
With this background on Camilla and Diana, fans of the royals are now saying that Cressida Bonas may turn out to be another Princess Diana. An insider also reveals that Prince Harry is still "holding a torch for Zimbabwe-born Chelsy Davy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed