‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ (2014): Peter Dinklage of ‘Game of Thrones’ Talks Bolivar Trask (VIDEO)
By Sigrid Salucop | October 15, 2013 5:07 PM EST
Peter Dinklage of "Game of Thrones" will be playing Bolivar Trask in "X-Men: Days of Future Past." Trask, a mutant-hating industrialist, builds mutant hunters called Sentinels in the latest installation of the "X-Men" franchise.
Bolivar Trask’s character can be interpreted in many ways, according to fans, but Dinklage says that his Bolivar Trask will be different from that of Bill Duke’s in "X-Men: The Last Stand."
"I didn’t want to play the villain. He’s a man of science. He’s a man of invention. He actually sees what he’s doing as a good thing — [his ambition is] definitely blind and he’s quite arrogant. He’s strove all his life for a certain respect and attention,” the actor said in an interview with EW.
Peter Dinklage also reveals that Bolivar Trask will be meeting Richard Nixon in the ‘70s. In his EW interview, Dinklage says, “He’s [Trask] up against Richard Nixon.”
Who is Bolivar Trask?
Based on "X-Men" lore, the character Bolivar Trask feels that humanity needs a defence against mutants - mankind's natural successor. Trask creates giant mutant-hunting robots that will kill mutants. His robots then radically evolve resulting to alternate futures including a war-torn world where mutants have been wiped out by Sentinels and humanity in grave danger.
Scroll Down for Bolivar Trask Teaser
Release Date: May 23, 2014
Rating: Not yet rated
Cast: James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Jason Flemyng, Hugh Jackman, Anna Paquin, Adan Canto, Fan Bingbing, Evan Peters, Boo Boo Stewart, Omar Sy, Halle Berry, Ian McKellen, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Lucas Till, Daniel Cudmore, Nicholas Hoult, Josh Helman, Peter Dinklage
Synopsis based on the comic book: Mutants are imprisoned in internment camps in an alternative future for the "X-Men." A future version of Kitty Pryde transfers what she sees to her present-day self. She then brings the mutants to prevent anti-mutant hysteria that led them to their dystopian alternative future.
(CREDIT: YouTube/CBM Trailers)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date