UFO Sightings, Aliens: 6 Unsolved UFO Mysteries
By Sigrid Salucop | October 15, 2013 4:23 PM EST
Six unsolved UFO mysteries includes the story of the Grinning Man, the Men in Black, strange orbs during the Second World War known as Foo Fighters, the Kecksburg Incident, the disappearance of Felix Moncla, and the UFO sighting at O'Hare Airport.
1. The Foo Fighters
During the Second World War, all those involved in the war reported seeing glowing orbs following them or right in front of them. All camps could not explain the sightings. Later on, the orbs became known as the "foo fighters".
2. Felix Moncla Disappearing Into Thin Air
Felix Moncla, an Air Force Pilot from the United States was pursuing a UFO when he disappeared. The pilot was over the Canadian border according to 1953 reports. Ground control officials were reportedly able to see the UFO and Moncla's plane merge on the radar screen and then vanished.
3. The Kecksburg Incident
Kecksburg, Pennsylvania claimed that on December 9, 1965, a large object crashed in the woods. By December 10, the residents found out that it was an acorn-shaped object. It had symbols written on its sides. The U.S. military surrounded the area that day.
Witnesses to the incident claim however that the explanation did not match with what they saw.
4. The Grinning Man
The Grinning Man was allegedly first spotted in 1966 after a UFO sighting in Elizabeth, New Jersey. The man, who resembled a human being, reportedly did not have a nose or ears. He only had eyes and his face plastered with a conspicuous grin.
Other reports of the Grinning Man being seen in the United States came out after that. Witnesses who saw him said that he is called Indrid Cold.
5. The UFO at O'Hare Airport
12 airline employees saw on November 7, 2006 that a UFO was hovering above one of O'Hare Airport's departure gates. It said to have hovered over the area for two minutes.
6. Men in Black
Six doughnut-shaped UFOs were seen hovering above Maury Island located in Washington. One of the objects allegedly dropped debris killing a dog and injuring a seaman's son. The seaman later claimed that a man in black showed up in his home and threatened him about the incident.
Men in Black or MIB as a concept preceded the movie of the same name. The men in black do not have gadgets like the MIB in the movies though, they just like their cars and suits black.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles