UFO Sightings, Aliens: 6 Unsolved UFO Mysteries
By Sigrid Salucop | October 15, 2013 4:23 PM EST
Six unsolved UFO mysteries includes the story of the Grinning Man, the Men in Black, strange orbs during the Second World War known as Foo Fighters, the Kecksburg Incident, the disappearance of Felix Moncla, and the UFO sighting at O'Hare Airport.
1. The Foo Fighters
During the Second World War, all those involved in the war reported seeing glowing orbs following them or right in front of them. All camps could not explain the sightings. Later on, the orbs became known as the "foo fighters".
2. Felix Moncla Disappearing Into Thin Air
Felix Moncla, an Air Force Pilot from the United States was pursuing a UFO when he disappeared. The pilot was over the Canadian border according to 1953 reports. Ground control officials were reportedly able to see the UFO and Moncla's plane merge on the radar screen and then vanished.
3. The Kecksburg Incident
Kecksburg, Pennsylvania claimed that on December 9, 1965, a large object crashed in the woods. By December 10, the residents found out that it was an acorn-shaped object. It had symbols written on its sides. The U.S. military surrounded the area that day.
Witnesses to the incident claim however that the explanation did not match with what they saw.
4. The Grinning Man
The Grinning Man was allegedly first spotted in 1966 after a UFO sighting in Elizabeth, New Jersey. The man, who resembled a human being, reportedly did not have a nose or ears. He only had eyes and his face plastered with a conspicuous grin.
Other reports of the Grinning Man being seen in the United States came out after that. Witnesses who saw him said that he is called Indrid Cold.
5. The UFO at O'Hare Airport
12 airline employees saw on November 7, 2006 that a UFO was hovering above one of O'Hare Airport's departure gates. It said to have hovered over the area for two minutes.
6. Men in Black
Six doughnut-shaped UFOs were seen hovering above Maury Island located in Washington. One of the objects allegedly dropped debris killing a dog and injuring a seaman's son. The seaman later claimed that a man in black showed up in his home and threatened him about the incident.
Men in Black or MIB as a concept preceded the movie of the same name. The men in black do not have gadgets like the MIB in the movies though, they just like their cars and suits black.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'