Renera Thompson is Miss Earth Australia 2013
By Riza Ornos | October 15, 2013 1:46 PM EST
Crowned Miss Earth Australia 2013 on October 12 in Brisbane, Muliagatele Renera Thompson is Miss Samoa Australia. The Samoan beauty earned the right to represent Australia at the Miss Earth 2013 international finals this December 7 to be held in the Philippines.
Born and raised in Samoa, a country that covers the western part of Samoan Islands in the South Pacific Ocean, Thompson is a trained Investment Advisor and currently studying Bachelor of Business Degree (Finance and Economics) at Swinburne University. She is presently completing a TV presenting Diploma with the National Institute of Dramatic Art.
Now living in Sydney, the young beauty queen is proud of embracing her Samoan heritage while living in a diverse and multicultural society. During the competition, Thompson showed an unparalleled depth of talent and ended up winning 6 categories and tying for the seventh.
Her full prize list, according to sponsors United Pacific Freight:
- Miss Photogenic
- Miss Popularity
- Miss Traditional Wear
- Miss Puletasi
- Miss Interview
- Miss Talent
- Miss Sarong - Tie winner with Contestant No. 2
With her training and experience in Investment, Thompson is ardent to apply her knowledge to help other Samoan women. She wrote in background notes, "I am passionate to incorporate my experiences, knowledge and dedication to highlighting and encouraging the potential in all Samoan women; not only from the personal development perspective but also the potential of developing entrepreneurial leadership, encouraging professionalism, financial wealth management and empowerment in a business environment."
In her spare time, the 25-year-old beauty queen enjoys being an active supporter of the "Dress for Success Sydney" charity, a non-profit organization that helps to promote the economic independence of women - a support network that provides professional attire for women for career development.
"To be Miss Samoa Australia will be a platform for me, not only to promote and represent my Samoan Culture, Tradition and Values; but more importantly to be heard and to add value within the Samoan community," Thompson added.
The 13th edition of Miss Earth will be held at Mall of Asia Arena where the current Miss Earth 2012 Tereza Fajksova from Czech Republic will crown her successor at the end of the event. Miss Earth 2013 is aligned with "The International Year of Water Cooperation".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools