Renera Thompson is Miss Earth Australia 2013
By Riza Ornos | October 15, 2013 1:46 PM EST
Crowned Miss Earth Australia 2013 on October 12 in Brisbane, Muliagatele Renera Thompson is Miss Samoa Australia. The Samoan beauty earned the right to represent Australia at the Miss Earth 2013 international finals this December 7 to be held in the Philippines.
Born and raised in Samoa, a country that covers the western part of Samoan Islands in the South Pacific Ocean, Thompson is a trained Investment Advisor and currently studying Bachelor of Business Degree (Finance and Economics) at Swinburne University. She is presently completing a TV presenting Diploma with the National Institute of Dramatic Art.
Now living in Sydney, the young beauty queen is proud of embracing her Samoan heritage while living in a diverse and multicultural society. During the competition, Thompson showed an unparalleled depth of talent and ended up winning 6 categories and tying for the seventh.
Her full prize list, according to sponsors United Pacific Freight:
- Miss Photogenic
- Miss Popularity
- Miss Traditional Wear
- Miss Puletasi
- Miss Interview
- Miss Talent
- Miss Sarong - Tie winner with Contestant No. 2
With her training and experience in Investment, Thompson is ardent to apply her knowledge to help other Samoan women. She wrote in background notes, "I am passionate to incorporate my experiences, knowledge and dedication to highlighting and encouraging the potential in all Samoan women; not only from the personal development perspective but also the potential of developing entrepreneurial leadership, encouraging professionalism, financial wealth management and empowerment in a business environment."
In her spare time, the 25-year-old beauty queen enjoys being an active supporter of the "Dress for Success Sydney" charity, a non-profit organization that helps to promote the economic independence of women - a support network that provides professional attire for women for career development.
"To be Miss Samoa Australia will be a platform for me, not only to promote and represent my Samoan Culture, Tradition and Values; but more importantly to be heard and to add value within the Samoan community," Thompson added.
The 13th edition of Miss Earth will be held at Mall of Asia Arena where the current Miss Earth 2012 Tereza Fajksova from Czech Republic will crown her successor at the end of the event. Miss Earth 2013 is aligned with "The International Year of Water Cooperation".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge