Renera Thompson is Miss Earth Australia 2013
By Riza Ornos | October 15, 2013 1:46 PM EST
Crowned Miss Earth Australia 2013 on October 12 in Brisbane, Muliagatele Renera Thompson is Miss Samoa Australia. The Samoan beauty earned the right to represent Australia at the Miss Earth 2013 international finals this December 7 to be held in the Philippines.
Born and raised in Samoa, a country that covers the western part of Samoan Islands in the South Pacific Ocean, Thompson is a trained Investment Advisor and currently studying Bachelor of Business Degree (Finance and Economics) at Swinburne University. She is presently completing a TV presenting Diploma with the National Institute of Dramatic Art.
Now living in Sydney, the young beauty queen is proud of embracing her Samoan heritage while living in a diverse and multicultural society. During the competition, Thompson showed an unparalleled depth of talent and ended up winning 6 categories and tying for the seventh.
Her full prize list, according to sponsors United Pacific Freight:
- Miss Photogenic
- Miss Popularity
- Miss Traditional Wear
- Miss Puletasi
- Miss Interview
- Miss Talent
- Miss Sarong - Tie winner with Contestant No. 2
With her training and experience in Investment, Thompson is ardent to apply her knowledge to help other Samoan women. She wrote in background notes, "I am passionate to incorporate my experiences, knowledge and dedication to highlighting and encouraging the potential in all Samoan women; not only from the personal development perspective but also the potential of developing entrepreneurial leadership, encouraging professionalism, financial wealth management and empowerment in a business environment."
In her spare time, the 25-year-old beauty queen enjoys being an active supporter of the "Dress for Success Sydney" charity, a non-profit organization that helps to promote the economic independence of women - a support network that provides professional attire for women for career development.
"To be Miss Samoa Australia will be a platform for me, not only to promote and represent my Samoan Culture, Tradition and Values; but more importantly to be heard and to add value within the Samoan community," Thompson added.
The 13th edition of Miss Earth will be held at Mall of Asia Arena where the current Miss Earth 2012 Tereza Fajksova from Czech Republic will crown her successor at the end of the event. Miss Earth 2013 is aligned with "The International Year of Water Cooperation".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June