Renera Thompson is Miss Earth Australia 2013
By Riza Ornos | October 15, 2013 1:46 PM EST
Crowned Miss Earth Australia 2013 on October 12 in Brisbane, Muliagatele Renera Thompson is Miss Samoa Australia. The Samoan beauty earned the right to represent Australia at the Miss Earth 2013 international finals this December 7 to be held in the Philippines.
Born and raised in Samoa, a country that covers the western part of Samoan Islands in the South Pacific Ocean, Thompson is a trained Investment Advisor and currently studying Bachelor of Business Degree (Finance and Economics) at Swinburne University. She is presently completing a TV presenting Diploma with the National Institute of Dramatic Art.
Now living in Sydney, the young beauty queen is proud of embracing her Samoan heritage while living in a diverse and multicultural society. During the competition, Thompson showed an unparalleled depth of talent and ended up winning 6 categories and tying for the seventh.
Her full prize list, according to sponsors United Pacific Freight:
- Miss Photogenic
- Miss Popularity
- Miss Traditional Wear
- Miss Puletasi
- Miss Interview
- Miss Talent
- Miss Sarong - Tie winner with Contestant No. 2
With her training and experience in Investment, Thompson is ardent to apply her knowledge to help other Samoan women. She wrote in background notes, "I am passionate to incorporate my experiences, knowledge and dedication to highlighting and encouraging the potential in all Samoan women; not only from the personal development perspective but also the potential of developing entrepreneurial leadership, encouraging professionalism, financial wealth management and empowerment in a business environment."
In her spare time, the 25-year-old beauty queen enjoys being an active supporter of the "Dress for Success Sydney" charity, a non-profit organization that helps to promote the economic independence of women - a support network that provides professional attire for women for career development.
"To be Miss Samoa Australia will be a platform for me, not only to promote and represent my Samoan Culture, Tradition and Values; but more importantly to be heard and to add value within the Samoan community," Thompson added.
The 13th edition of Miss Earth will be held at Mall of Asia Arena where the current Miss Earth 2012 Tereza Fajksova from Czech Republic will crown her successor at the end of the event. Miss Earth 2013 is aligned with "The International Year of Water Cooperation".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- 'The Flash' Season 1, Episode 10 Spoilers: Dr Wells Connection To Reverse Flash, Firestorm Focus, and 'Prison Break' Actors As Villains In Next New Episode
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)