Watch Online NFL Monday Night Football – Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 15, 2013 10:31 AM EST
The Indianapolis Colts are on a three-game winning streak and look to continue their run when they visit the San Diego Chargers, who have yet to find their consistency this 2013 NFL regular season.
After splitting their first two games, the Colts have racked up three straight convincing wins versus the San Francisco 49ers (27-7), Jacksonville Jaguars (37-3) and Seattle Seahawks (34-28) and two of those three games have come against quality NFC teams.
Indianapolis’ success can be credited to quarterback Andrew Luck’s steady play-- 62.2 per cent completion, 9 touchdowns and 2 interceptions this season—and steadier run game (4th overall in the NFL at 142.0 yards per game). They are also one of the top teams in containing the passing game of their opponents, limiting them to 201.4 passing yards per game (5th best in the league).
Despite the up-and-down campaign so far, the Chargers own the third-best passing game in the league, averaging 311.2 yards per game on the air. They have to improve on their rush game (21st) and overall defense (27th and 23rd in passing and rushing defense, respectively).
The Chargers have alternated losses and wins for a 2-3 record this season.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indianapolis Colts Trends
- Colts are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games
- Colts are 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games vs. teams with losing records
- Colts are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games on the road vs. teams with losing records at home
- Colts are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games on MNF
- Colts are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games after an ATS win
San Diego Chargers Trends
- Chargers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- Chargers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after an ATS loss
- Chargers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall
- Chargers are 0-6 ATS in their last games at home vs. teams with a winning record on the road
- Chargers are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games in October
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win