An Android 4.3 Jelly Bean test build with base firmware XXUEMJ3 has leaked for the LTE variant of Galaxy S4 with model number GT-I9505. This firmware is said to be one of the final builds. It does not seem to bring any major change except for a few minor improvements.
4.3 update leaked for Galaxy S4 I9505.
Country: Open Asia
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: 8 October
Product code: OLB
Galaxy S4 users, who wish to install I9505XXUEMJ3 Android 4.3 leaked firmware on their devices, may follow our step-by-step guide. The XXUEMJ3 is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any GT-I9505 unit.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before installing the official firmware, users are advised to verify that their devices meet following requirements.
1) This test firmware will not increase binary counter nor void the warranty of the device.
2) It will not trigger the Knox warranty counter. (If it is 0x0 before flashing, it will remain the same after flashing firmware.)
3) This test build is a pre-release version of firmware and not official from Samsung.
4) The I9505XXUEMJ3 has been tested and works fine as any other official version.
Screenshot of Android 4.3 on Galaxy S4 I9505.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 to connect the Android device with computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option then check USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) The Galaxy S4 should have battery charge above 80%.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock recovery.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version once official firmware is installed.
8) XXUEMJ3Android 4.3 leaked test firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S4 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
Steps to install XXUEMJ3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Step-1: Download I9505XXUEMJ3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S4 to computer. Extract the firmware file
Step-2: Download Odin v3.09. Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.09.exe and some other files
Step-3: Turn off the Galaxy S4 and wait for five to six seconds for vibration to confirm complete power off
Step-4: Place the phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on the phone screen. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode
Step-5: Run Odin3 v3.09.exe as Administrator
Step-6: Connect phone to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. If Odin still fails to recognise the device then re-install USB driver.
Step-7: Install these files extracted from I9505XXUEMJ3 folder
a) Click the AP button in Odin and add file, AP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
b) Click the BL button and add file, BL_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
c) Click the CP button and add file, CP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 file
d) Click the CSC button and add file, CSC_OLB_I9505OLBEMJ2_1765174_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
Step-8: Verify Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin window. But uncheck Re-Partition option
Step-9: Click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: Once the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When the home screen appears, unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
How to fix bootloop issue
If you come across any issue, such as FC or Bootlooop, with the firmware while installation, then boot the phone in recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset. Then reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. Performing wiping task will erase all data including internal SD card of the device.
Also read: Update Galaxy S4 I9500 with Official XXUEMJ5 Android 4.3 [GUIDE]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: