Jetstar Airways Apologises to Passenger for 'I AM GAY' Scrawl on Suitcase Pending Investigation
By Reissa Su | October 14, 2013 7:46 PM EST
A Jestar Airways passenger may have just had the shock of his life when he saw his suitcase on the baggage carousel with the words "I AM GAY" on his red suitcase. He was one of the passengers on a red-eye flight from Perth.
The Jestar passenger and father of two kids posted on his Twitter account @aaronpp a picture of his suitcase upon his arrival at Brisbane airport during the weekend.
In his Twitter post, the passenger said he was "utterly disgusted" when he found his red suitcase vandalised with stickers to form the words "I AM GAY" at the front and back. The stickers were taken from baggage sticker tags.
He said he has no idea who could have stuck the baggage tags on his suitcase, but he suspected the prank must have been done at the airport in Perth. He posted on Twitter that he doesn't know anyone in the airport.
His flight was delayed for more than an hour and it was already past midnight. The Jetstar passenger speculated that whoever did it had "idle hands." However, he said he did not want anyone to lose their job over the incident. The passenger said he'd rather raise awareness than have someone fired.
Jetstar Airways apologised to its passenger after the image of the red suitcase was posted on Twitter. The airline has promised to conduct a "thorough investigation" to get to the bottom of the incident.
A spokesperson for the airline said that Jetstar is taking the incident seriously and said the company has contacted the passenger for the inconvenience.
Meanwhile, Jetstar Airways, Tiger Airways and Virgin Australia were compared based on the amount of legroom they offer to passengers with economy class seats. According to reports, seat pitch or the distance between seats has declined in domestic flights.
It was found that in a Boeing 727 of some Jestar aircraft, legroom is as little as 71 cm while Tiger Airways has 72.5 cm. Virgin Australia has at least 76 cm o legroom in economy class which is higher than the other two airlines offering domestic flights. On average, seat pitch is usually between 78 to 86 cm in length.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Pacific Islands Forum Delegates Appeal for Changes to Climate Policies, Better Marine Life Protection
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date