Still fresh from a number of product releases, Apple will reportedly release another major product this Oct 22. According to reports, the latest version of the MacBook Pro will be an all-powerful device. As one of the most awaited products around, a round-up of the reported features should give customers a good idea on what can expect from the tech giant.
MacBook Air Hints
The upcoming 2013 MacBook Pro is expected to merge portability and efficiency of the MacBook Air with some of the most trusted features of the MacBook Pro. The MacBook Air already received Intel's Haswell processors. This will provide better and longer battery life. Haswell can increase battery life by much as 80 percent so this should be good news for the MacBook Pro.
The MacBook Air now features 802.11ac Wi-Fi. It is highly possible for Apple to include the same feature in the upcoming Pro series. The new Air models now provide PCIe storage. The same is true for iMacs. A change in the MacBook Pro storage configuration should be in order.
OS X Mavericks Hints
There are several new and improved features in the OS X Mavericks which people may expect to show up in the 2013 MacBook Pro Series. These include the following:
- Sprite Kit - Apple has started promoting their set of APIs meant for 2-D games.
- App Nap - this feature manages energy usage of applications. It takes care of background apps and lowers CPU energy usage.
- AV Kit - this offers a better platform for developing apps dealing with media playback and navigation controls
- Safari Power and Push Notifications - Safari Power works like App Nap extending battery life of the device, while Safari Push Notifications offer better alerts. Users need not open Safari to receive messages.
- Compressed Memory - This is a feature that aims to speed up Macs. The feature manages compressive data for inactive apps and gives more room to active apps.
Oct 22 Release
A number of sources like AllThingsD reported that Apple will be hosting their product release on the Oct 22. The launch event will see the release of 2013 MacBook Pro, iPad Mini 2 and iPad 5.
October will see some of the biggest launches for this year. Aside from Apple, Nokia also announced that their Nokia World event will be on the same date.
To contact the editor, e-mail: