Why Charlie Hunnam Backed Out as Christian Grey in 50 Shades of Grey [See Photos]
By charmaine corne clutton | October 14, 2013 2:32 PM EST
Charlie Hunnam, the star of "Sons of Anarchy" had gotten one of the most besotted roles in Hollywood, the role of Christian Grey.
He was set to play alongside Dakota Johnson who got the role of Anastasia Steele in the upcoming movie, Fifty Shades of Grey. The two would have made the perfect couple onscreen. Fans had mixed emotions about the casting and had wondered whether Hunnam was the right man for the job.
Let us reiterate that the role of Christian Grey would mean that he would have to portray a man who is as quoted from the book, said by Anastasia "He is not merely good looking - he is the epitome of male beauty, breathtaking."
This is something that many actors think they cannot fulfill; a character that is both a protagonist and an antagonist in his own way that people would fall in love with the character. It is indeed a role that many actors would want but have doubts about their own prowess when it comes to getting prepared for the role.
After the announcement of the casting of Charlie Hunnam for the role, a lot of fans brought their disappointed to the social media outlets such as twitter to express their feelings about the casting.
This may have been the reason why Hunnam had recently backed out of the franchise, saying that he was too busy with his "Sons of Anarchy" series and could not really prepare for the role. He feels the pressure of trying to get into character. Was he affected by the comments about his casting from fans of the bestselling book? It seems like the star was indeed bothered and may have had doubts to whether he could fulfill the role Christian Grey.
The producers seem to understand it and now they are in search for a new Christian Grey. He would have made a great Christian Grey and those who were happy to see him take on the role felt that he was just too scared to fulfill the needs of the role, Christian Grey.
Who do you think would get the role this time and would they be able to handle the pressure of getting into character for the role?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine