iPad Trade-Ins Ramp Up Following Oct. 22 Release Date Rumour
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 14, 2013 2:07 PM EST
It seemed that a lot of consumers are waiting for the next generation of Apple tablets as AppleInsider reported that iPad trade-ins ramped up by 86 percent after AllThingsD ran a report that the iPad 5 and the iPad Mini 2 release date will take place on the 22nd.
Gazelle, a trade-in company, offers a 30-day period in which consumers can lock in their device at the current trade-in price. Currently, the company offers $175 for an entry-level 32 GB iPad Mini. For the fourth generation of full-fledged iPads, Gazelle is offering up to $250 for an entry-level iPad model.
Another trade-in company, Next Worth, offers a slightly higher price compared to Gazelle. The company offers the iPad Mini 32 GB Wi-Fi only model for $220. The entry-level iPad 4 costs $287 in Next Worth.
Consumers may get more in eBay and Craigslist. However, trade-in companies offer a guaranteed, easy and painless way for consumers to sell their devices.
AllThingsD reported that the iPad 5 and the iPad Mini 2 release date will happen in Oct 22. Insiders tipped the tech Web site that Apple will hold an invitation-only event on the aforementioned date. The refreshed iPad line will take the center stage. However, Apple is also expected to introduce the new MacBook Pro, Mac Pro desktop and OS X Mavericks. However, Apple has yet to confirm or deny these circulating rumors.
Rumours claimed that the full-fledged iPad 5 will pack features such as 64-bit A7 processor chip, M7 GPU chip, fingerprint sensor and iOS 7 like the newly released iPhone 5S. The 10-inch tablet may also retain some of its features such as a 5-MP rear shooter and internal storage up to 128 GB housed in a slimmer bezel and iPad Mini-like design.
Meanwhile, the iPad Mini 2 will most likely preserve its 7.9-inch screen display. However, Apple may upgrade its screen to a retina display. It will also most likely pack the 64-bit A7 processor, M7 GPU and Touch ID fingerprint sensor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation