iPad Trade-Ins Ramp Up Following Oct. 22 Release Date Rumour
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 14, 2013 2:07 PM EST
It seemed that a lot of consumers are waiting for the next generation of Apple tablets as AppleInsider reported that iPad trade-ins ramped up by 86 percent after AllThingsD ran a report that the iPad 5 and the iPad Mini 2 release date will take place on the 22nd.
Gazelle, a trade-in company, offers a 30-day period in which consumers can lock in their device at the current trade-in price. Currently, the company offers $175 for an entry-level 32 GB iPad Mini. For the fourth generation of full-fledged iPads, Gazelle is offering up to $250 for an entry-level iPad model.
Another trade-in company, Next Worth, offers a slightly higher price compared to Gazelle. The company offers the iPad Mini 32 GB Wi-Fi only model for $220. The entry-level iPad 4 costs $287 in Next Worth.
Consumers may get more in eBay and Craigslist. However, trade-in companies offer a guaranteed, easy and painless way for consumers to sell their devices.
AllThingsD reported that the iPad 5 and the iPad Mini 2 release date will happen in Oct 22. Insiders tipped the tech Web site that Apple will hold an invitation-only event on the aforementioned date. The refreshed iPad line will take the center stage. However, Apple is also expected to introduce the new MacBook Pro, Mac Pro desktop and OS X Mavericks. However, Apple has yet to confirm or deny these circulating rumors.
Rumours claimed that the full-fledged iPad 5 will pack features such as 64-bit A7 processor chip, M7 GPU chip, fingerprint sensor and iOS 7 like the newly released iPhone 5S. The 10-inch tablet may also retain some of its features such as a 5-MP rear shooter and internal storage up to 128 GB housed in a slimmer bezel and iPad Mini-like design.
Meanwhile, the iPad Mini 2 will most likely preserve its 7.9-inch screen display. However, Apple may upgrade its screen to a retina display. It will also most likely pack the 64-bit A7 processor, M7 GPU and Touch ID fingerprint sensor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast