5 Reasons Why You Should Consider Buying Google Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 KitKat on Oct 15 Release Date
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 14, 2013 12:29 PM EST
Latest reports claimed that Google Nexus 5 running with the Android 4.4 KitKat will be released on October 15.
Previous reports said that the new Google smartphone will be introduced and shipped on the last week of October but new rumours claimed earlier release date.
The source of this rumour comes from whisperings at Google Launchpad, a two-week event for developers and startups, where the date was reportedly overheard.
Some of the rumoured specs and features of the upcoming Google Nexus 5 include a 4.95-inch full-HD (1080p) IPS LCD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor clocked at 2.3GHz, 2GB of RAM, 8-megapixel rear camera with OIS and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera.
The alleged Nexus 4 successor has also been expected to include a host of sensors like ambient light, proximity, pressure as well as accelerometer, compass, notification LED and gyroscope.
IBTimes AU listed five reasons below on why you should consider buying the upcoming Google Nexus 5.
Powerful processor - The Google Nexus 5 is expected to pack a quadcore Snapdragon 800 processor chip clocking at 2.3 GHz. Although, this is not as great as iPhone 5S' 64-bit processor, it will still deliver a faster performance like its rivals.
Operating System - One of the most anticipated features of Google Nexus 5 is the upcoming Android 4.4 KitKat, which promises better performance and new and exciting features in your handset.
LTE Connectivity - One of the criticisms on the previous LG Nexus 4 is the lack of LTE support. It is most likely that the feature will arrive in the new Google handset.
Other Improved Features - The successor of the popular LG Nexus 4 is rumoured to have improved features such as larger internal storage, better camera and bigger RAM.
Friendly Price - One of the most attractive attributes of Google devices is its incredibly cheap price. It is speculated that Google Nexus 5 will follow the pricing strategy of its predecessor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance