'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie: With Charlie Hunnam Out, Will Dakota Johnson Drop Anastasia Steele Role Too?
By Diadem Pambid | October 14, 2013 10:20 AM EST
With Charlie Hunnam having dropped the part of Christian Grey, fans claim it is time for Dakota Johnson to drop the part of Anastasia Steele as well. Given Dakota was cast all thanks to a chemistry test between her and Charlie, would the same thing work if another actor was to fill in Hunnam's shoes? All that matters now is would Dakota Johnson be replaced as well?
The "Sons of Anarchy" star made a shocking announcement over the weekend. Well, Hunnam wasn't one to break the news but Universal Pictures. Charlie had allegedly dropped the role of Christian Grey following his "hectic" schedule.
"The filmmakers of 'Fifty Shades of Grey' and Charlie Hunnam have agreed to find another male lead given Hunnam's immersive TV schedule which is not allowing him time to adequately prepare for the role of Christian Grey," stated Universal Pictures in a report by The Hollywood Reporter.
Other sources however claim Charlie Hunnam got "cold feet" from the part after receiving tons of fan hate. Obviously, the 85,000 signatures on Change.org demanding he be replaced by Matt Bomer got to the star. As for Charlie's co-star, Dakota Johnson, there has been talk on the web that she too be replaced.
One of the biggest reasons as to why Dakota Johnson had been cast as Ana was her "tangible chemistry" with Charlie Hunnam.
"As soon as we got in the room and started reading with Dakota, I knew that I definitely wanted to do it, because there was a tangible chemistry between us," said Hunnam in an interview with THR, adding, "It felt kind of exciting and fun and weird and compelling, and so that was it."
With Hunnam out of the picture, Dakota might not have the same chemistry with an actor set to replace him which could potentially damage the film. If the "Social Network" star would be replaced, who would be a likely actress to replace Dakota? A few names have already been mentioned online namely Emma Watson, Lily Collins, Nina Dobrev, Lucy Hale, Shailene Woodley and Mila Kunis.
All that is left now is for Universal Pictures to make the announcement. Would Dakota Johnson drop out of the film too or would a chemistry test be done with her and another actor?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks