'Boss' Box Office Collection: Will Akshay Starrer Become a Hit?
By Ankita Mehta | October 13, 2013 9:08 PM EST
Akshay Kumar's upcoming film "Boss" is booked for an Eid slot i.e. on 16 October. His last film "Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Dobaara" was supposed to hit screens on Eid (9 August), but was eventually postponed.
"Boss", an upcoming action comedy film, will have a solo release. Now, it remains to be seen if the film will achieve the same level of success as the films starring Shah Rukh Khan or Salman Khan at the at box office.
After the success of "Wanted" (2009) Salman had booked the Eid slot for his films which turned out to be blockbusters like "Dabangg", "Bodyguard" or "Ek Tha Tiger".
But this year, the slot was taken Shah Rukh's film "Chennai Express" which shattered records worldwide.
The release of "OUATIMD" was rescheduled to Independence Day, but the film crashed at collection centres.
All hopes are riding high on "Boss" as his last few films including "Joker" turned out to be a flop show.
Trade analysts have quoted several reasons that "Boss" will be another hit film in Akshay's career.
The film is a remake of Malayalam flick "Pokkiri Raja" which became the second highest grosser in Mollywood ever. Akshay's "Rowdy Rathore", a remake of Telugu flick "Vikramarkudu", was a box office hit. South remakes have generally received good response from audiences.
In the last two months, most of the big films have failed to make it big at the box office. "Besharam" and "Phata Poster Nikla Hero" had disappointed critics as well as audiences, providing an opportunity for "Boss" to rake in more cash.
Akshay is leaving no stone unturned for promoting "Boss". The promotion of the film just before the release is garnering huge attention.
Like "Chennai Express", Akshay's flick is also being released in new overseas markets. Besides Peru and France, "Boss" will also hit screens in Latin America markets.
Although, the buzz surrounding the film is quite positive, it remains to be seen how the film opens on Wednesday. Directed by Anthony D'Souza, the film also features Mithun Chakraborty, Danny Denzongpa, Johnny Lever, Aditi Rao Hydari, Shiv Pandit and Ronit Roy in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Jennifer Lopez And Iggy Azalea Show Off Their Incredible Bodies In Risqué Artwork Of 'Booty' Remix
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge