'Boss' Box Office Collection: Will Akshay Starrer Become a Hit?
By Ankita Mehta | October 13, 2013 9:08 PM EST
Akshay Kumar's upcoming film "Boss" is booked for an Eid slot i.e. on 16 October. His last film "Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Dobaara" was supposed to hit screens on Eid (9 August), but was eventually postponed.
"Boss", an upcoming action comedy film, will have a solo release. Now, it remains to be seen if the film will achieve the same level of success as the films starring Shah Rukh Khan or Salman Khan at the at box office.
After the success of "Wanted" (2009) Salman had booked the Eid slot for his films which turned out to be blockbusters like "Dabangg", "Bodyguard" or "Ek Tha Tiger".
But this year, the slot was taken Shah Rukh's film "Chennai Express" which shattered records worldwide.
The release of "OUATIMD" was rescheduled to Independence Day, but the film crashed at collection centres.
All hopes are riding high on "Boss" as his last few films including "Joker" turned out to be a flop show.
Trade analysts have quoted several reasons that "Boss" will be another hit film in Akshay's career.
The film is a remake of Malayalam flick "Pokkiri Raja" which became the second highest grosser in Mollywood ever. Akshay's "Rowdy Rathore", a remake of Telugu flick "Vikramarkudu", was a box office hit. South remakes have generally received good response from audiences.
In the last two months, most of the big films have failed to make it big at the box office. "Besharam" and "Phata Poster Nikla Hero" had disappointed critics as well as audiences, providing an opportunity for "Boss" to rake in more cash.
Akshay is leaving no stone unturned for promoting "Boss". The promotion of the film just before the release is garnering huge attention.
Like "Chennai Express", Akshay's flick is also being released in new overseas markets. Besides Peru and France, "Boss" will also hit screens in Latin America markets.
Although, the buzz surrounding the film is quite positive, it remains to be seen how the film opens on Wednesday. Directed by Anthony D'Souza, the film also features Mithun Chakraborty, Danny Denzongpa, Johnny Lever, Aditi Rao Hydari, Shiv Pandit and Ronit Roy in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money