'Boss' Box Office Collection: Will Akshay Starrer Become a Hit?
By Ankita Mehta | October 13, 2013 9:08 PM EST
Akshay Kumar's upcoming film "Boss" is booked for an Eid slot i.e. on 16 October. His last film "Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Dobaara" was supposed to hit screens on Eid (9 August), but was eventually postponed.
"Boss", an upcoming action comedy film, will have a solo release. Now, it remains to be seen if the film will achieve the same level of success as the films starring Shah Rukh Khan or Salman Khan at the at box office.
After the success of "Wanted" (2009) Salman had booked the Eid slot for his films which turned out to be blockbusters like "Dabangg", "Bodyguard" or "Ek Tha Tiger".
But this year, the slot was taken Shah Rukh's film "Chennai Express" which shattered records worldwide.
The release of "OUATIMD" was rescheduled to Independence Day, but the film crashed at collection centres.
All hopes are riding high on "Boss" as his last few films including "Joker" turned out to be a flop show.
Trade analysts have quoted several reasons that "Boss" will be another hit film in Akshay's career.
The film is a remake of Malayalam flick "Pokkiri Raja" which became the second highest grosser in Mollywood ever. Akshay's "Rowdy Rathore", a remake of Telugu flick "Vikramarkudu", was a box office hit. South remakes have generally received good response from audiences.
In the last two months, most of the big films have failed to make it big at the box office. "Besharam" and "Phata Poster Nikla Hero" had disappointed critics as well as audiences, providing an opportunity for "Boss" to rake in more cash.
Akshay is leaving no stone unturned for promoting "Boss". The promotion of the film just before the release is garnering huge attention.
Like "Chennai Express", Akshay's flick is also being released in new overseas markets. Besides Peru and France, "Boss" will also hit screens in Latin America markets.
Although, the buzz surrounding the film is quite positive, it remains to be seen how the film opens on Wednesday. Directed by Anthony D'Souza, the film also features Mithun Chakraborty, Danny Denzongpa, Johnny Lever, Aditi Rao Hydari, Shiv Pandit and Ronit Roy in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown