'Boss' Box Office Collection: Will Akshay Starrer Become a Hit?
By Ankita Mehta | October 13, 2013 9:08 PM EST
Akshay Kumar's upcoming film "Boss" is booked for an Eid slot i.e. on 16 October. His last film "Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Dobaara" was supposed to hit screens on Eid (9 August), but was eventually postponed.
"Boss", an upcoming action comedy film, will have a solo release. Now, it remains to be seen if the film will achieve the same level of success as the films starring Shah Rukh Khan or Salman Khan at the at box office.
After the success of "Wanted" (2009) Salman had booked the Eid slot for his films which turned out to be blockbusters like "Dabangg", "Bodyguard" or "Ek Tha Tiger".
But this year, the slot was taken Shah Rukh's film "Chennai Express" which shattered records worldwide.
The release of "OUATIMD" was rescheduled to Independence Day, but the film crashed at collection centres.
All hopes are riding high on "Boss" as his last few films including "Joker" turned out to be a flop show.
Trade analysts have quoted several reasons that "Boss" will be another hit film in Akshay's career.
The film is a remake of Malayalam flick "Pokkiri Raja" which became the second highest grosser in Mollywood ever. Akshay's "Rowdy Rathore", a remake of Telugu flick "Vikramarkudu", was a box office hit. South remakes have generally received good response from audiences.
In the last two months, most of the big films have failed to make it big at the box office. "Besharam" and "Phata Poster Nikla Hero" had disappointed critics as well as audiences, providing an opportunity for "Boss" to rake in more cash.
Akshay is leaving no stone unturned for promoting "Boss". The promotion of the film just before the release is garnering huge attention.
Like "Chennai Express", Akshay's flick is also being released in new overseas markets. Besides Peru and France, "Boss" will also hit screens in Latin America markets.
Although, the buzz surrounding the film is quite positive, it remains to be seen how the film opens on Wednesday. Directed by Anthony D'Souza, the film also features Mithun Chakraborty, Danny Denzongpa, Johnny Lever, Aditi Rao Hydari, Shiv Pandit and Ronit Roy in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Take Group Selfies with Rapper and his Friends
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects