Watch Online 2013 Shanghai Masters Final – Juan Del Potro vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 13, 2013 10:16 AM EST
Novak Djokovic lived up to the expectations of being the top seed in the 2013 Shanghai Masters, while Rafael Nadal couldn’t live up to the hype as the world number one. The result is a Djokovic vs. Juan Del Potro championship match on Sunday, Oct 13, at the Qi Zhong Tennis Center in the Minhang District in Shanghai, China.
Del Potro challenged Nadal—with powerful first serves and consistent groundstrokes—all game long in the semifinals and dominated the match that ended in straight sets, 6-2, 6-4.
The final four upset was a special and rare feat for the 25-year-old Argentinean who has never beaten the Spaniard since the 2009 U.S Open semifinals. Before the victory in China, he lost five straight to Nadal.
Del Potro is out to break another losing streak in the Shanghai Masters final. Against Djokovic, he has only won 3 out of twelve matches. The most recent though came in June of 2013 at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Indian Wells semifinals in California, USA where he won 4-6, 6-4, 6-4.
Djokovic had an easy outing against Frenchman Wilfried Tsonga in his own semifinals match with a 6-2, 6-3 victory.
Except for a first set loss versus Gael Monfils in the quarterfinals, the 26-year old Serbian has yet to give up a set in Shanghai, where he is the defending champion after winning the 2012 edition of the tournament.
The final will be the thirteenth meeting between Djokovic and Del Potro since 2007, but it will be the first championship match between the two. The pair has crossed paths in five semifinal matches, and Djokovic holds the edge, 4-1 that deep into a tournament.
Novak Djokovic vs. Juan Del Potro Live Streaming and Schedule
Final – Oct 13, 2013, Sunday (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
6:30 pm Del Potro vs. Djokovic
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan