Samsung Galaxy S5 Set to Debut in January, Likely to Sport 64-Bit Processor
By Anupika Khare | October 12, 2013 11:12 PM EST
The all-new Samsung Galaxy S5 is set to launch in January, according to recent reports, as the sales of the S4 has dropped considerably of late.
It is speculated the new flagship device might be launched during the CES Event in Las Vegas in 2014, while it is also reported that the company might launch the smartphone in a separate, individual event.
According to reports, Galaxy S5 will carry a 16-megapixel camera with optical image stabilisation. The smartphone is also expected to sport the Samsung Exynos processor rather than the usual Qualcomm.
The S5 may run Android 4.4 KitKat or the much-anticipated Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, if the software is launched by then. The forthcoming handset will be water and dust resistant, reported ET News, a Korean website.
Along with a new design and excellent features, the smartphone is also expected to have a better battery and 3GB of RAM. Rumor also has it that the S5 could sport a 64-bit chipset, just like rivals Apple's newly launched iPhone5S.
The design of Galaxy S5 is expected to be classier than the S4. Since the South Korean company has already introduced the Galaxy Round with a curved screen, users can expect the new gadget's screen to be curved as well. The S5 could continue to carry the leatherette look or it could carry the first metal Galaxy casing.
The launch of Galaxy S5 will be crucial for Samsung as the company had a poor sale record with the S4 after the first two months. About 20 million units of S4 were sold within two months of its launch, before the numbers dropped according to Cnet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around