Samsung Galaxy S5 Set to Debut in January, Likely to Sport 64-Bit Processor
By Anupika Khare | October 12, 2013 11:12 PM EST
The all-new Samsung Galaxy S5 is set to launch in January, according to recent reports, as the sales of the S4 has dropped considerably of late.
It is speculated the new flagship device might be launched during the CES Event in Las Vegas in 2014, while it is also reported that the company might launch the smartphone in a separate, individual event.
According to reports, Galaxy S5 will carry a 16-megapixel camera with optical image stabilisation. The smartphone is also expected to sport the Samsung Exynos processor rather than the usual Qualcomm.
The S5 may run Android 4.4 KitKat or the much-anticipated Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, if the software is launched by then. The forthcoming handset will be water and dust resistant, reported ET News, a Korean website.
Along with a new design and excellent features, the smartphone is also expected to have a better battery and 3GB of RAM. Rumor also has it that the S5 could sport a 64-bit chipset, just like rivals Apple's newly launched iPhone5S.
The design of Galaxy S5 is expected to be classier than the S4. Since the South Korean company has already introduced the Galaxy Round with a curved screen, users can expect the new gadget's screen to be curved as well. The S5 could continue to carry the leatherette look or it could carry the first metal Galaxy casing.
The launch of Galaxy S5 will be crucial for Samsung as the company had a poor sale record with the S4 after the first two months. About 20 million units of S4 were sold within two months of its launch, before the numbers dropped according to Cnet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects