Miley Cyrus Talks About Liam Hemsworth Split And Twerking On VMA [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | October 11, 2013 8:09 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has opened up about her split from now ex-fiancé Liam Hemsworth to Ellen DeGeneres on the talk show host’s eponymous program. In a very revealing interview, the 20-year-old former child star said that her chapter with the Australian actor has ended, and it’s time to start a new one.
Her guest spot on “The Ellen Show” is set to air Friday in the U.S., in which she became candid about ending her engagement with Liam after being together with him for four years.
“People spend more time thinking about it than I really do. I just believe when a chapter is done, you have to close it and start a new one,” she told the comedienne.
“That’s kind of where I am right now. I felt like I have so much to be thankful for at this time that my energy hasn’t really been focused on that.
She added that she has been impressed with people who have shown respect.
“I felt like people have really focused on my music right now when I’ve needed them and have actually been really good about that because that’s the only thing I worried about I didn’t want to sacrifice what I’ve been working for.
Miley and Liam, 23, have begun dating in 2009 while filming “The Last Song.” They separated in August 2010 before briefly reuniting a month later and reconciling for the second time. They announced their engagement in June 2012, with Ellen even throwing a mini “engagement party” on her show for the younger actress.
However, in September 2013, the young couple split for good.
As for her Video Music Awards performance in August, Miley has no idea why it became so controversial.
“I can’t really understand it because I don’t see anything more than what other artists have done that night,” she said, adding, “Lady Gaga was in a thong an no one cares!”
Miley also has some things to say about Robin Thicke, her twerking partner in the VMA.
“No one cares about the man behind the booty,” she said of the older singer. And contrary to what Robin told Oprah in his recent interview, in which he said he wasn’t really aware of Miley’s dancing, the ex-“Hannah Montana” star revealed, “He was in rehearsal as much as I was... and loving it, people!”
On breaking up with Liam Hemsworth:
On her controversial VMA performance:
Lorde Impresses Ellen DeGeneres With ‘Royals’ Performance [READ]
Kris And Bruce Jenner Announce Separation [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display