Miley Cyrus Talks About Liam Hemsworth Split And Twerking On VMA [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | October 11, 2013 8:09 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has opened up about her split from now ex-fiancé Liam Hemsworth to Ellen DeGeneres on the talk show host’s eponymous program. In a very revealing interview, the 20-year-old former child star said that her chapter with the Australian actor has ended, and it’s time to start a new one.
Her guest spot on “The Ellen Show” is set to air Friday in the U.S., in which she became candid about ending her engagement with Liam after being together with him for four years.
“People spend more time thinking about it than I really do. I just believe when a chapter is done, you have to close it and start a new one,” she told the comedienne.
“That’s kind of where I am right now. I felt like I have so much to be thankful for at this time that my energy hasn’t really been focused on that.
She added that she has been impressed with people who have shown respect.
“I felt like people have really focused on my music right now when I’ve needed them and have actually been really good about that because that’s the only thing I worried about I didn’t want to sacrifice what I’ve been working for.
Miley and Liam, 23, have begun dating in 2009 while filming “The Last Song.” They separated in August 2010 before briefly reuniting a month later and reconciling for the second time. They announced their engagement in June 2012, with Ellen even throwing a mini “engagement party” on her show for the younger actress.
However, in September 2013, the young couple split for good.
As for her Video Music Awards performance in August, Miley has no idea why it became so controversial.
“I can’t really understand it because I don’t see anything more than what other artists have done that night,” she said, adding, “Lady Gaga was in a thong an no one cares!”
Miley also has some things to say about Robin Thicke, her twerking partner in the VMA.
“No one cares about the man behind the booty,” she said of the older singer. And contrary to what Robin told Oprah in his recent interview, in which he said he wasn’t really aware of Miley’s dancing, the ex-“Hannah Montana” star revealed, “He was in rehearsal as much as I was... and loving it, people!”
On breaking up with Liam Hemsworth:
On her controversial VMA performance:
Lorde Impresses Ellen DeGeneres With ‘Royals’ Performance [READ]
Kris And Bruce Jenner Announce Separation [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family