Miley Cyrus Talks About Liam Hemsworth Split And Twerking On VMA [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | October 11, 2013 8:09 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has opened up about her split from now ex-fiancé Liam Hemsworth to Ellen DeGeneres on the talk show host’s eponymous program. In a very revealing interview, the 20-year-old former child star said that her chapter with the Australian actor has ended, and it’s time to start a new one.
Her guest spot on “The Ellen Show” is set to air Friday in the U.S., in which she became candid about ending her engagement with Liam after being together with him for four years.
“People spend more time thinking about it than I really do. I just believe when a chapter is done, you have to close it and start a new one,” she told the comedienne.
“That’s kind of where I am right now. I felt like I have so much to be thankful for at this time that my energy hasn’t really been focused on that.
She added that she has been impressed with people who have shown respect.
“I felt like people have really focused on my music right now when I’ve needed them and have actually been really good about that because that’s the only thing I worried about I didn’t want to sacrifice what I’ve been working for.
Miley and Liam, 23, have begun dating in 2009 while filming “The Last Song.” They separated in August 2010 before briefly reuniting a month later and reconciling for the second time. They announced their engagement in June 2012, with Ellen even throwing a mini “engagement party” on her show for the younger actress.
However, in September 2013, the young couple split for good.
As for her Video Music Awards performance in August, Miley has no idea why it became so controversial.
“I can’t really understand it because I don’t see anything more than what other artists have done that night,” she said, adding, “Lady Gaga was in a thong an no one cares!”
Miley also has some things to say about Robin Thicke, her twerking partner in the VMA.
“No one cares about the man behind the booty,” she said of the older singer. And contrary to what Robin told Oprah in his recent interview, in which he said he wasn’t really aware of Miley’s dancing, the ex-“Hannah Montana” star revealed, “He was in rehearsal as much as I was... and loving it, people!”
On breaking up with Liam Hemsworth:
On her controversial VMA performance:
Lorde Impresses Ellen DeGeneres With ‘Royals’ Performance [READ]
Kris And Bruce Jenner Announce Separation [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best