Miley Cyrus Talks About Liam Hemsworth Split And Twerking On VMA [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | October 11, 2013 8:09 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has opened up about her split from now ex-fiancé Liam Hemsworth to Ellen DeGeneres on the talk show host’s eponymous program. In a very revealing interview, the 20-year-old former child star said that her chapter with the Australian actor has ended, and it’s time to start a new one.
Her guest spot on “The Ellen Show” is set to air Friday in the U.S., in which she became candid about ending her engagement with Liam after being together with him for four years.
“People spend more time thinking about it than I really do. I just believe when a chapter is done, you have to close it and start a new one,” she told the comedienne.
“That’s kind of where I am right now. I felt like I have so much to be thankful for at this time that my energy hasn’t really been focused on that.
She added that she has been impressed with people who have shown respect.
“I felt like people have really focused on my music right now when I’ve needed them and have actually been really good about that because that’s the only thing I worried about I didn’t want to sacrifice what I’ve been working for.
Miley and Liam, 23, have begun dating in 2009 while filming “The Last Song.” They separated in August 2010 before briefly reuniting a month later and reconciling for the second time. They announced their engagement in June 2012, with Ellen even throwing a mini “engagement party” on her show for the younger actress.
However, in September 2013, the young couple split for good.
As for her Video Music Awards performance in August, Miley has no idea why it became so controversial.
“I can’t really understand it because I don’t see anything more than what other artists have done that night,” she said, adding, “Lady Gaga was in a thong an no one cares!”
Miley also has some things to say about Robin Thicke, her twerking partner in the VMA.
“No one cares about the man behind the booty,” she said of the older singer. And contrary to what Robin told Oprah in his recent interview, in which he said he wasn’t really aware of Miley’s dancing, the ex-“Hannah Montana” star revealed, “He was in rehearsal as much as I was... and loving it, people!”
On breaking up with Liam Hemsworth:
On her controversial VMA performance:
Lorde Impresses Ellen DeGeneres With ‘Royals’ Performance [READ]
Kris And Bruce Jenner Announce Separation [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones