NFL Star Major Wright Faces Major Lawsuit, Sued Over African Diamonds
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 11, 2013 12:36 PM EST
Major Wright, who plays as strong safety for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League (NFL), is facing major lawsuit. Wright is being sued over African diamonds, as reported by TMZ.
As rumour has it, Wright had a loan of $75,000 in 2012 in order to buy South African diamonds, ranging from 21 to 31.5 carats. Not known to many, Wright manages TDW Diamonds, a company which involves diamond trading. Allegedly, the persons who provided him the money claim that Wright has not paid them yet and that the amount of interest has already skyrocketed.
Lenders Marc Geffrard and Jimmy Michel said that Wright agreed to pay them the total amount of money he loaned, in addition to 100 per cent interest by March 2012. From the $75,000 original loan money, Wright was supposed to pay the lenders double, amounting to $150,000. Well, the lenders have the right to get infuriated over Wright's unpaid loan. If you borrow money from somebody, you take it with their permissions and you promise to pay it back in due course.
We're just wondering what was going through Wright's mind when he agreed to pay the 100 per cent interest for the borrowed money. Under the Florida law, charging more than 18 per cent interest on a loan is strictly prohibited, and any person or organisation that charges a hefty interest loses their right to collect the interest at all. So, it is probably Wright who will win in the end, and the lenders may never see all that money.
It is wise for Wright to invest on something like the company that he operates. After all, being an athlete is not guarantee to last for a lifetime. However, if Wright will loan money, regardless how much the interest is, he should make sure to pay it with all his might to avoid getting into trouble.
Wright has not released any official statements yet regarding the subject on hand.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga