NFL Star Major Wright Faces Major Lawsuit, Sued Over African Diamonds
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 11, 2013 12:36 PM EST
Major Wright, who plays as strong safety for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League (NFL), is facing major lawsuit. Wright is being sued over African diamonds, as reported by TMZ.
As rumour has it, Wright had a loan of $75,000 in 2012 in order to buy South African diamonds, ranging from 21 to 31.5 carats. Not known to many, Wright manages TDW Diamonds, a company which involves diamond trading. Allegedly, the persons who provided him the money claim that Wright has not paid them yet and that the amount of interest has already skyrocketed.
Lenders Marc Geffrard and Jimmy Michel said that Wright agreed to pay them the total amount of money he loaned, in addition to 100 per cent interest by March 2012. From the $75,000 original loan money, Wright was supposed to pay the lenders double, amounting to $150,000. Well, the lenders have the right to get infuriated over Wright's unpaid loan. If you borrow money from somebody, you take it with their permissions and you promise to pay it back in due course.
We're just wondering what was going through Wright's mind when he agreed to pay the 100 per cent interest for the borrowed money. Under the Florida law, charging more than 18 per cent interest on a loan is strictly prohibited, and any person or organisation that charges a hefty interest loses their right to collect the interest at all. So, it is probably Wright who will win in the end, and the lenders may never see all that money.
It is wise for Wright to invest on something like the company that he operates. After all, being an athlete is not guarantee to last for a lifetime. However, if Wright will loan money, regardless how much the interest is, he should make sure to pay it with all his might to avoid getting into trouble.
Wright has not released any official statements yet regarding the subject on hand.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet