New-look Detroit is off to a promising start after new additions Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings looked good in their pre-season debuts. The defending champions Miami Heat, meanwhile, looked like they didn’t miss a beat after the long offseason.
Spoelstra, ready for another run at the title
The Pistons defeated the visiting European squad Maccabi Haifa, 91-to-69 in their preseason debut, while the Heat won over the Atlanta Hawks, 92-to-87 in their own opener.
Smith finished with 12 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and a blocked shot showing off his all-around game which will help the young Pistons in the new season. Jennings was steady at the point guard spot with 15 points, 3 assists and 5 steals.
Meanwhile, last season’s key Pistons big men also showed they can play well with the two new starters. Center Greg Monroe had 13 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists while power forward Andrew Drummond ended up with 17 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocked shots.
The Heat, meanwhile, were led by Chris Bosh, who had 21 points and 5 rebounds against Smith's former team. LeBron James added 9 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists, while the third of the Miami’s Big Three missed the game.
Game Odds: Detroit Pistons (+4.5) vs. Miami Heat (O/U 187.5)
Game Time: 9:30 am Australian Eastern Standard Time
Pistons vs. Heat Betting Trends:
- The Heat won three of the four regular season match-ups with the Pistons in the 2012-2013 season
- The Heat have won the last two via blowouts-- 103-89 and 110-88
- Against the spread, the Heat and Pistons went 2-2 in the four match-ups last year
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Jelena' Romance: Selena Gomez Shares her Most Shocking Date with Justin Bieber Involving $3M- Diamond [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- Paul Walker On Parkour, Stalkers, Sea Life, And Sharks [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]