Glee Season 5 Spoilers: 'Make You Feel My Love' in 'The Quarterback' Songs, the Cory Monteith Tribute [VIDEOS]
By Arlene Paredes | October 11, 2013 4:19 AM EST
Glee Season 5, Episode 3, "The Quarterback" airs Thursday on the U.S. network FOX. This is the show's Cory Monteith and Finn Hudson tribute. Six titles are in the song list spoilers. Reports say there's one solo performance each from Naya Rivera, Mark Salling, and Lea Michele, who will cover Adele's version of the Bob Dylan original, "Make You Feel My Love."
Glee Season 5: 'The Quarterback' Tribute Song List [VIDEOS]
Lea Michele's Gleek character Rachel Berry is seen crying her heart out to Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison) in the sneak preview of the emotional Glee Season 5, Episode 3, "The Quarterback." Finn and Rachel are known to fans as Finchel. The pair's on-screen romance is perceived to be as sweet as their real life relationship.
Below are the six songs on Glee Season 5, Episode 3. All videos are available on YouTube.
6. "Seasons of Love" (from "Rent" OST), Glee cast
Finn Hudson, the character portrayed by Monteith, is McKinley High's Quarterback when he (reluctantly) joined New Directions. The episode will centre on Finn's being the jock with a heart - a good friend, a protective brother, and a loving son.
5. "I'll Stand By You" (The Pretenders), Amber Riley (Mercedes) with New Directions
Michele, reportedly engaged to Cory Monteith, helped conceptualize the episode honouring the late actor. The last time he's on the show, Finn stayed away to "figure things out." Glee Season 4 ended without him. This part was written as Monteith checked himself in rehab.
4. "Fire and Rain" (James Taylor); Chord Overstreet, Kevin McHale, and New Directions
Monteith died of "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," according to reports. He was 31.
3. "If I Die Young" (The Band Perry), Naya Rivera (Santana)
"The Quarterback" is the first episode to be written by the Glee creatives since Cory Monteith died. The 2-part Glee Season 5 premiere was slightly altered to write off Finn Hudson scenes.
2. "No Surrender" (Bruce Springsteen), Mark Salling (Puck)
"Brad [Falchuk] and Ian [Brennan] and I wrote that episode and Brad directed it, and those performances that you'll see, almost everything in that episode is from the first take of every performance because the actors and the crew had a really hard time shooting it," Glee's Ryan Murphy told The Hollywood Reporter.
1. "Make You Feel My Love" (Bob Dylan/Adele), Lea Michele (Rachel Berry)
RIP Cory Monteith and Finn Hudson. RIP Finchel. Glee is taking a short break after airing Episode 3. The next episode, "A Katy or Gaga," is scheduled to air on Nov. 7. Glee Season 5, Episode 3, "The Quarterback," airs in Australia at 7:30 p.m. Friday (Oct. 11) on Eleven.
More 'Glee Season 5' and TV Guide Features:
Glee Season 5 Episode 1 'Love' Quotes: 'My soul knew something' - Best Romantic Speech, Blaine Outdoes Himself [SPOILERS]
How I Met Your Mother Season 9, Episode 4 Review: Cristin Milioti No-Show for Two Weeks, 'What Up?' [PHOTOS, SPOILERS]
Once Upon a Time Season 3, Episode 2 Recap: 'Lost Girl' Found in Neverland; Is Peter Pan Good or Evil? [SPOILERS, PHOTOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]
- Kourtney Kardashian Bans Family From Delivery Room, Wants Scott Disick To Pass Sobriety Test