Watch Online Thursday Night Football NFL 2013: New York Giants vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming and Betting Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 11, 2013 12:06 AM EST
Who would have thought that after five games in the regular season, the New York Giants will still be in the hunt for their first win in the 2013 NFL season. Winless at 0-5, the embattled team from New York takes on their NFC rivals, the Chicago Bears, which wants to snap a two-game slide and get back to the win column.
Not only the Giants are losing, but they are allowing it via embarrassing fashion. Except for the first game-- a 31-36 loss versus the Dallas Cowboys on the road-- all of their defeats have via double-digit blowouts.
They lost at home to the Denver Broncos (41-23) and Philadelphia Eagles (36-21) and on the road against the Carolina Panthers (38-0) and the Kansas City Chiefs (31-7) for an average margin of defeat of 23.8 points.
The only good news coming into this match-up with their rivals is that the Giants have won back-to-back games against the Bears in the last two meetings.
The Bears, meanwhile, aim for a bounce back game after losing to the Detroit Lions (40-32) and New Orleans Saints (26-18). They started fast at 3-0 with wins over the Cincinnati Bengals (24-21), Minnesota Vikings (31-30) and Pittsburgh Steelers (40-23).
The Giants are dead-last in the NFL in rushing yards per game gaining 56.8 yards per outing on the ground—a recipe for disaster, considering the Bears are good in running the ball at 97.8 yards per game good for 12th overall in the league.
Still, New York quarterback Eli Manning may finally break out of his slump, and the Giants are the 10th best team in the league in passing yards at (280.2 yards per game). They can take advantage of the Bears defense that gives up 278.8 yards on the air, 9th worst mark in the league.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
New York Giants Trends
- Giants are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- Giants are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Thursday Night Games
- Giants are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. NFC teams
- Giants are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. teams with winning records
- Giants are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games
Chicago Bears Trends
- Bears are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Thursday Night Games
- Bears are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. NFC teams
- Bears are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home vs. teams with losing records
Game Odds: New York Giants (+7.5) vs. Chicago Bears (O/U 47.5)
Game time: 10:25 am Australian Eastern Standard Time
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?