Watch Online Thursday Night Football NFL 2013: New York Giants vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming and Betting Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 11, 2013 12:06 AM EST
Who would have thought that after five games in the regular season, the New York Giants will still be in the hunt for their first win in the 2013 NFL season. Winless at 0-5, the embattled team from New York takes on their NFC rivals, the Chicago Bears, which wants to snap a two-game slide and get back to the win column.
Not only the Giants are losing, but they are allowing it via embarrassing fashion. Except for the first game-- a 31-36 loss versus the Dallas Cowboys on the road-- all of their defeats have via double-digit blowouts.
They lost at home to the Denver Broncos (41-23) and Philadelphia Eagles (36-21) and on the road against the Carolina Panthers (38-0) and the Kansas City Chiefs (31-7) for an average margin of defeat of 23.8 points.
The only good news coming into this match-up with their rivals is that the Giants have won back-to-back games against the Bears in the last two meetings.
The Bears, meanwhile, aim for a bounce back game after losing to the Detroit Lions (40-32) and New Orleans Saints (26-18). They started fast at 3-0 with wins over the Cincinnati Bengals (24-21), Minnesota Vikings (31-30) and Pittsburgh Steelers (40-23).
The Giants are dead-last in the NFL in rushing yards per game gaining 56.8 yards per outing on the ground—a recipe for disaster, considering the Bears are good in running the ball at 97.8 yards per game good for 12th overall in the league.
Still, New York quarterback Eli Manning may finally break out of his slump, and the Giants are the 10th best team in the league in passing yards at (280.2 yards per game). They can take advantage of the Bears defense that gives up 278.8 yards on the air, 9th worst mark in the league.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
New York Giants Trends
- Giants are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- Giants are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Thursday Night Games
- Giants are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. NFC teams
- Giants are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. teams with winning records
- Giants are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games
Chicago Bears Trends
- Bears are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Thursday Night Games
- Bears are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. NFC teams
- Bears are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home vs. teams with losing records
Game Odds: New York Giants (+7.5) vs. Chicago Bears (O/U 47.5)
Game time: 10:25 am Australian Eastern Standard Time
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- 10 Celebrities Who Took The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Chris Pratt & LeBron James [VIDEOS]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff