Watch Online Thursday Night Football NFL 2013: New York Giants vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming and Betting Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | October 11, 2013 12:06 AM EST
Who would have thought that after five games in the regular season, the New York Giants will still be in the hunt for their first win in the 2013 NFL season. Winless at 0-5, the embattled team from New York takes on their NFC rivals, the Chicago Bears, which wants to snap a two-game slide and get back to the win column.
Not only the Giants are losing, but they are allowing it via embarrassing fashion. Except for the first game-- a 31-36 loss versus the Dallas Cowboys on the road-- all of their defeats have via double-digit blowouts.
They lost at home to the Denver Broncos (41-23) and Philadelphia Eagles (36-21) and on the road against the Carolina Panthers (38-0) and the Kansas City Chiefs (31-7) for an average margin of defeat of 23.8 points.
The only good news coming into this match-up with their rivals is that the Giants have won back-to-back games against the Bears in the last two meetings.
The Bears, meanwhile, aim for a bounce back game after losing to the Detroit Lions (40-32) and New Orleans Saints (26-18). They started fast at 3-0 with wins over the Cincinnati Bengals (24-21), Minnesota Vikings (31-30) and Pittsburgh Steelers (40-23).
The Giants are dead-last in the NFL in rushing yards per game gaining 56.8 yards per outing on the ground—a recipe for disaster, considering the Bears are good in running the ball at 97.8 yards per game good for 12th overall in the league.
Still, New York quarterback Eli Manning may finally break out of his slump, and the Giants are the 10th best team in the league in passing yards at (280.2 yards per game). They can take advantage of the Bears defense that gives up 278.8 yards on the air, 9th worst mark in the league.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
New York Giants Trends
- Giants are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- Giants are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Thursday Night Games
- Giants are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. NFC teams
- Giants are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. teams with winning records
- Giants are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games
Chicago Bears Trends
- Bears are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Thursday Night Games
- Bears are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. NFC teams
- Bears are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home vs. teams with losing records
Game Odds: New York Giants (+7.5) vs. Chicago Bears (O/U 47.5)
Game time: 10:25 am Australian Eastern Standard Time
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time