Batman: Arkham Origins Reveal More Info on Origin Story and Game Playthrough Detail; No Ps4 and Xbox One
By Gel Galang | October 10, 2013 5:35 PM EST
The action in the upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins is more than just kicking the butts of the eight villains and assassins that are bent on defeating the Bat-- you are tasked with paving the path for the caped crusader to find his footing in the world of crime fighting.
Just as the game will be making its references to the Batman Year One origins story, it seems that Batman: Arkham Origins will put into perspective the different characters making their mark on Batman's life and career, and their eventual effects on who the Dark Knight will come to be.
Siliconera reveals that the world where Batman operates in the Year One comics will have similar elements to the game, at least this is what creative director Eric Holmes said in the exclusive.
But this doesn't mean that there will be a lot of similarities--if anything, the ending won't even be the same. Rather, the overall game seems to be bent on giving the feeling of Bruce Wayne trying to find the ropes of being a vigilante hero while also creating his own image and idealism.
Overall Batman: Arkham Origins is a short game
With the sheer number of villains and assassins that have been introduced for Batman: Arkham Origins, one would think that the game would be intense and long-- enough to keep you up for quite a few nights. Surprisingly, this is not the case, in fact, far from it, as the game only lasts a few hours.
According to GameFront, the game can be completed in a span of half a day, or 12 hours to be precise. What's more, it seems that the 12 hours already covers side quests. Perhaps the main disappointment here lies in the fact that its predecessors and veteran developers of the Batman: Arkham game series put a staggering 40 hours of a fight, which makes the 12 hours seem too simple.
Then again, perhaps this is where the I Am Night mode steps in, where you only have one life to live and get through the game. In addition, the DLC will also feature a ninja-in-training Batman, which fits into the origin story of a caped crusader aiming to hone his skills and become the hero he is meant to be.
Batman: Arkham Origins not coming to next-gen
With many games making the transition from the current-gen consoles PS3 and Xbox 360 to crossover over to the next-gen, it's a wonder why Warner Bros. Montreal did not feel like making the same move for the upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins.
In an interview with GamingBolt, Michael McIntyre, WB Games Montreal gameplay director revealed the reason for keeping the game in just one platform
"We were a new team and a new studio trying to make our mark on a beloved franchise, and we wanted all our attention focused on making the game great as opposed to making it available on new platforms," said McIntyre to GamingBolt.
While this is an understandable stance, perhaps one way to make sure that Warner Bros. Montreal will keep the ball rolling would be through the DLCs, since it already has quite a good foundation. For now, there's one more reason to keep your PS3 and Xbox 360 around.
Batman: Arkham Origins is slated for release on October 25.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage