NFL Preview and Live Stream: New York Giants vs. Chicago Bears
By Jonar Sabilano | October 10, 2013 3:41 PM EST
Barely two years removed from their 2011 Super Bowl win, the New York Giants are in the doldrums. They finished the 2012 season 9-7 and missed the playoffs. In 2013, they are even worse: the Giants are 0-5, including a shutout 0-38 loss to the Carolina Panthers on the road. This year, 2013, marks their first 0-5 start since 1987 when the NFL season was hit by a strike.
The Chicago Bears are only slightly better, losing two straight after winning their first three games. They lost to the New Orleans Saints at home, 18-26, after a disastrous visit to the suddenly resurgent Detroit Lions, to whom they lost 32-40.
The Giants' chances of making it to the Super Bowl, to be played in MetLife Stadium, still rest on the shoulders of Eli Manning who has been struggling as of late. Manning threw for three interceptions against the bottom-dwelling Philadelphia Eagles and has a mediocre 65.8 passing rate. While Manning does share the blame, a large chunk of it also goes to the offensive line, who have managed just 56.8 rushing yards a game, worst in the NFL. David Wilson, who has the bulk of what little rushing the Giants have done, is also out for the game due to an injury.
The Bears, on the other hand, are not really known for their offense, despite a 3-0 start. Defense has been their hallmark this season, and when they lost, it was due to a lack of defense -- the Lions were able to score 40 points on them, while they failed to force a crucial turnover that would have turned the game around against the Saints. Their offense, though, is something to behold as Jay Cutler has evolved into a reliable wide receiver in lieu of Brandon Marshall.
Common sense tells the casual viewer to bet on the team with the better record. But something tells us that the Giants are due to get their first win of the season. If not, expect heads to roll when they come back from Soldier Field.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage