Blackberry OS version 10 featured the latest keyboard which include several improvements for text input, advanced word prediction and better character spacing. If you own any smartphone running Blackberry 10, here are the top 10 tricks you should know about its virtual keyboard.
Blackberry 10 features an updated keyboard with the following features:
- Next-word suggestions
- Customisable personal vocabulary
- Better spacing using predictive action
- Advanced word predictions
- Updated user interface
Keyboard Tips and Tricks
1. If you want to hide the virtual keyboard, simply long press on the space bar or do a two-finger swipe down. Doing the two-finger swipe upwards brings back the virtual keyboard.
2. No need to hold press the backspace for whole word deletion; instead, swipe from right to left to do it.
3. Use the letter key to reveal special characters such as accents. Hold down on the chosen letter to display all available special characters.
4. For loud dictation to input your text, hold and press on the period button for a moment. Then, speak the words and tap "Done."
5. For enabling of audio and visual typing feedback on the virtual keyboard, swipe down from the top pane of any home screen and then select "Settings > Language and Input > On-Screen Keyboard."
6. In case you are not dependent on the predictive suggestions, go to "Settings > Language and Input > On-Screen Keyboard > Prediction Suggestions." Turn the feature or reposition it if desired.
7. Multiple languages can be enabled on your virtual keyboard. To do this, go to "Settings > Language and Input > Input Languages > Add/Remove Languages."
8. Create typing shortcuts for long words on the keyboard by going to "Settings > Language and Input Settings > Word Substitution."
9. Whenever you use a word not familiar or recognised by the dictionary, a red underline will appear on that word and it also you can add them to your personalised dictionary. Tap the word with a red underline and then select Add to Dictionary.
10. Instantly correct mis-spelled words on the draft area by tapping on the red-underlined word and choose options from the pop up menu.
11. Use alternative characters such as question mark or exclamation point by swiping down on the keyboard to show the alternate character.
12. For multiple characters, press the dedicated symbol key to select which characters you want to use.