Carlos Moya Cheerfully Announces Wife's Pregnancy on Twitter, Moya to Replace Alex Corretja as Captain of Spain's Team on 2013 Davis Cup
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 10, 2013 1:15 PM EST
Carlos Moya, former World No 1, cheerfully announces his wife's pregnancy on popular social networking Web site Twitter on Wednesday. Moya tweeted in Spanish stating that her wife, Spanish actress Carolina Cerezuela, will not be able to drink wine for the next six months because their third child is on the way. Moya already has two kids with Cerezuela named Carla and Carlos.
Here's some more good news for Moya's fans. He has also been reported to replace Alex Corretja as the captain of Spain's team for the upcoming Davis Cup. "A very interesting day for me, professionally and personally," Moya also tweeted on Wednesday.
It is anticipated that Moya's appointment will be officially announced on Thursday. Spain's tennis federation will hold a news conference in Madrid, according to its spokesman. Moya, apparently, had agreed on a one-year contract which will run until the end of 2014.
Moya received his very first Grand Slam title at the Australian Open in 1997. In the finals of the 1998 French Open, Moya defeated Corretja with a straight-sets win.
Moya announced his retirement in Nov 17, 2010, due to an injury in his foot that he was not able to recover from. Coaching the Spain's team for their opening in the World Group tie come January will be Moya's first task after his retirement then.
Corretja was able to bring Spain's team in the finals of the 2012 Davis Cup. They were runners-up to Czech Republic because Rafael Nadal was not able to play due to an injury. In September, Nadal came back and helped Spain win against Ukraine in a 5-0 playoff to earn a spot in the World Group. Corretja expressed his feelings about wanting to stay as captain, but the federation thought that a fresh start was considered necessary.
Spain's match in the 2013 Davis Cup will take place in Germany at the end of January 2014. There would, surely, be a lot of pressure on Moya as he coaches his country's team for the 2013 Davis Cup. However, Moya has already helped Spain win the Davis Cup in 2004. It shouldn't be that difficult for Moya to bring Spain to victory this time around.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks