HTC One: Gold Edition Smartphone to Be Given as Prize for Best Newcomer Category at MOBO Awards
By Jenalyn Villamarin | October 10, 2013 12:20 PM EST
The gold colour option on smartphones is currently in with HTC unveiling the HTC One Gold Edition as the latest addition to other devices like Apple's Gold iPhone 5S and Samsung's Gold Galaxy S4. Goldgenie has electroplated 18 carat gold on the special edition handset for the 18th anniversary of MOBO Awards where the Best Newcomer Category winner gets the HTC One Gold as a prize.
HTC One Gold Edition. Photo Credit: Tumblr/faygomusic
The 2013 MOBO Awards will be held on Saturday, October 19, in Glasgow where one of the five exclusively made HTC One Gold Edition smartphone will be given to the winner of the Best Newcomer Category that the Taiwanese company sponsors.
The HTC One Gold Edition smartphones were crafted in joint venture with Goldgenie founder Laban Roomes and the device features as well the special MOBO 18 logo etched at the back side. The gold smartphone version weighs 4 grams more compared to the normal HTC One device with a value set at £2,750 or approximately US$4400.
HTC One Gold Edition. Photo Credit: AnandTech
"The best artists have always been given gold discs to celebrate their success, but today most people listen to music on their phone. We wanted to celebrate that fact," Phil Blair, the President of HTC Europe, Middle East and Africa, stated.
HTC One Gold Edition. Photo Credit: AnandTech
The HTC President further added: "The award winning HTC One is the gold standard in mobile design and innovation, so it was an obvious choice to make it even more special. We're sure the winning MOBO artist will love their unique phone and we will even be giving a lucky member of the general public the chance to get their hands on one soon too."
"MOBO turning 18 is a huge achievement and a special time for us. The 18ct Gold HTC One phone is a great addition to our coming of age celebrations and helps add MOBO glitz to proceedings!" Kanya King MBE, founder of the MOBO Awards revealed.
The exclusive HTC One Gold Edition smartphone has become striking with the electroplated carat gold, but under the hood, it still boasts with the HTC One features and specs. It has a 4.7-inch Super LCD3 Full HD screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, the speed of a 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, 2GB of RAM, the power of a 2300mAh battery, 4MP UltraPixel rear-facing camera with Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS), 2.1MP front-facing camera, support for the 4G LTE network and the availability of non-expandable internal storage capacities of either 32GB or 64GB.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1520: More Images of Windows Phone Phablet Leaked Next to Other Devices and in Red Colour Option - [READ]
HTC One Max: HTC Phablet to Include Beats Audio, Unveiling Date Set on October 15? [PHOTOS] - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 525: New Nokia 'Glee' Device to Arrive Alongside Nokia Lumia 929 in November? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone