On Oct. 9, 2013, Google announced a budget friendly laptop that has Internet centric Chrome operating system. The new launch is called HP Chromebook 11.
Google has introduced the cost effective laptop computer keeping in mind to serve the market that hesitate in indulgence with the costlier laptops, models ranging from $1,000 or more. The price of the newbie in the market is way lesser than that and is said to productive for wide range of population including school children and merchandisers.
Here are Five Things You Need to Know About HP Chromebook 11:
1. The device is an easy to carry and handle, sleek 11-inch HP laptop. It has 1366X768 pixel IPS display and a style inspired by Chromebook Pixel. It has been noted that the look of the budget laptop holds quite a resemblance with a sacked out plastic Macbook. The body is made of plastic and is said to be supported by magnesium frame rendering the strength required. It weighs 23 pounds and is light in weight. And speakers are fixed under the keyboard to eradicate any blockage of sound when placed in lap or any other surface.
2. The laptop has been built with a dual-core Samsung Exynos 5250 processor. Supporting the processor is 2 GB of RAM. It has 16 GB of internal storage, which is relatively low as it relies upon the online storage of documents, files and more, largely.
3. Google anticipates providing about 6 hours of battery life upon using it and it contains two Micro USB 2.0 ports and a slimport video out port. And the makers have added a convenient feature of charging the laptop through a Micro USB port only.
4. There is VGA webcam built in. Also, Google says the display is 50 percent more brilliant and brighter than the other laptops in the market and has extensive color ambit. The IPS Panel provide for 176 degree viewing angles.
5. The budget laptop has a great dependability over constant internet connections to run various applications such as Google Docs, Gmail and other services. In comparison to other laptops, this budget friendly laptop will come with light photo editing software and Quickoffice, a Google substitute of Microsoft office.
The price is of the laptop is said to be $279
VIDEO:Google Announces, Chromebook 11, a Budget Laptop: Five Things to Know About It [VIDEO and PHOTOS]