Still Hate iOS 7? 5 Easy Steps to Downgrade to iOS 6
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 9, 2013 3:53 PM EST
Do you wish to go back to iOS 6?
Consumers who updated their mobile devices to the latest iOS 7 are prevented by Apple to going back to the previous version. Yes, it is a one way trip.
Despite the new features boasted by the new iOS 7, some consumers remained unimpressed by Apple's latest mobile software.
Below are the four easy steps in downgrading back to iOS 6.
Step 1: First, you need the iTunes 11.0.5 or more previous version of iTunes. If you are running the latest version, uninstall it first. This is because, the latest iTunes does not allow users to restore the custom firmware file. When uninstalling the latest iTunes, ensure that you remove all traces and services like the Apple Mobile Device, Apple Software Update and Bonjour.
Step 2: Once you uninstalled the latest, restart your PC before downloading the previous version of iTunes. If you encounter any error during this process related to "iTunes Music Library.xml" then head over to the iTunes music folder and delete this file.
Step 3: Download the latest version of iFaith as well as the iOS 6.1.3 firmware or 6.1.2 firmware.
Step 4: Launch iFaith and click on "Build "*signed* IPSW w / Blobs." This will begin the custom firmware creation process, and when prompted, select your SHSH blobs. iFaith will then create a downgradable iOS 6 firmware file for your iPhone 4.
Step 5: Once the firmware file has been created, follow the on-screen instructions for putting your device into Pwned DFU mode. When entered into this mode, launch iTunes, select your iPhone and hold down the left SHIFT key and click on Restore iPhone. Browse to the custom firmware file created by iFaith.
Once the restore process is complete, you have successfully downgraded your iPhone 4 from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.x.
However, it is important to note that the above tutorial is for iPhone 4 and Windows users only. Moreover, if you are not much of a tech junkie, it is best to seek assistance or just enjoy the iOS 7 to avoid breaking your phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change