NBA Preseason: Nuggets Beat Lakers as Rockets and Pacers Visit Philippines
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 8, 2013 12:06 AM EST
Brian Shaw's debut game as coach of Denver Nuggets saw them defeat Los Angeles Lakers 97-88.
Both Jordon Hamilton and Ty Lawson scored 15 points for the Nuggets, while Paul Gasol had 13 points to go with his four rebounds for the Lakers. Steve Nash failed to score but had six assists during his cameo.
Shaw was an assistant coach under Phil Jackson at Lakers. Many believed that Shaw will take over as the main coach when Jackson retired in 2011. However, he was overlooked by the franchisee.
Asked if there were any hard feelings, Shaw said, "No, no. You know, it's the nature of the business. I found that out pretty quickly. I preach to our players to get on to the next play; let that last play go, and I try to do the same thing, too. Every decision is not my decision. It's not going to work out the way I want it to work out. So I've just got to move on."
Meanwhile, Houston Rockets and Indiana Pacers will visit Philippines as a part of NBA's pre-season global games. This is the first NBA game in the basketball-crazy nation. Basketball is the most popular game in Philippines and the fans are eagerly waiting for the clash on Thursday evening.
"We're just excited to come over to play the game and give Filipinos a great show," Houston Rockets guard James Harden stressed.
The Rockets and Pacers will play in Taipei after the game in Manila. NBA's Global Games will see 12 teams playing outside the US. Teams will be visiting cities in Brazil and Spain as a part of the tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes