NBA Preseason: Nuggets Beat Lakers as Rockets and Pacers Visit Philippines
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 8, 2013 12:06 AM EST
Brian Shaw's debut game as coach of Denver Nuggets saw them defeat Los Angeles Lakers 97-88.
Both Jordon Hamilton and Ty Lawson scored 15 points for the Nuggets, while Paul Gasol had 13 points to go with his four rebounds for the Lakers. Steve Nash failed to score but had six assists during his cameo.
Shaw was an assistant coach under Phil Jackson at Lakers. Many believed that Shaw will take over as the main coach when Jackson retired in 2011. However, he was overlooked by the franchisee.
Asked if there were any hard feelings, Shaw said, "No, no. You know, it's the nature of the business. I found that out pretty quickly. I preach to our players to get on to the next play; let that last play go, and I try to do the same thing, too. Every decision is not my decision. It's not going to work out the way I want it to work out. So I've just got to move on."
Meanwhile, Houston Rockets and Indiana Pacers will visit Philippines as a part of NBA's pre-season global games. This is the first NBA game in the basketball-crazy nation. Basketball is the most popular game in Philippines and the fans are eagerly waiting for the clash on Thursday evening.
"We're just excited to come over to play the game and give Filipinos a great show," Houston Rockets guard James Harden stressed.
The Rockets and Pacers will play in Taipei after the game in Manila. NBA's Global Games will see 12 teams playing outside the US. Teams will be visiting cities in Brazil and Spain as a part of the tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions