NBA Preseason: Nuggets Beat Lakers as Rockets and Pacers Visit Philippines
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 8, 2013 12:06 AM EST
Brian Shaw's debut game as coach of Denver Nuggets saw them defeat Los Angeles Lakers 97-88.
Both Jordon Hamilton and Ty Lawson scored 15 points for the Nuggets, while Paul Gasol had 13 points to go with his four rebounds for the Lakers. Steve Nash failed to score but had six assists during his cameo.
Shaw was an assistant coach under Phil Jackson at Lakers. Many believed that Shaw will take over as the main coach when Jackson retired in 2011. However, he was overlooked by the franchisee.
Asked if there were any hard feelings, Shaw said, "No, no. You know, it's the nature of the business. I found that out pretty quickly. I preach to our players to get on to the next play; let that last play go, and I try to do the same thing, too. Every decision is not my decision. It's not going to work out the way I want it to work out. So I've just got to move on."
Meanwhile, Houston Rockets and Indiana Pacers will visit Philippines as a part of NBA's pre-season global games. This is the first NBA game in the basketball-crazy nation. Basketball is the most popular game in Philippines and the fans are eagerly waiting for the clash on Thursday evening.
"We're just excited to come over to play the game and give Filipinos a great show," Houston Rockets guard James Harden stressed.
The Rockets and Pacers will play in Taipei after the game in Manila. NBA's Global Games will see 12 teams playing outside the US. Teams will be visiting cities in Brazil and Spain as a part of the tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them