NBA Preseason: Nuggets Beat Lakers as Rockets and Pacers Visit Philippines
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 8, 2013 12:06 AM EST
Brian Shaw's debut game as coach of Denver Nuggets saw them defeat Los Angeles Lakers 97-88.
Both Jordon Hamilton and Ty Lawson scored 15 points for the Nuggets, while Paul Gasol had 13 points to go with his four rebounds for the Lakers. Steve Nash failed to score but had six assists during his cameo.
Shaw was an assistant coach under Phil Jackson at Lakers. Many believed that Shaw will take over as the main coach when Jackson retired in 2011. However, he was overlooked by the franchisee.
Asked if there were any hard feelings, Shaw said, "No, no. You know, it's the nature of the business. I found that out pretty quickly. I preach to our players to get on to the next play; let that last play go, and I try to do the same thing, too. Every decision is not my decision. It's not going to work out the way I want it to work out. So I've just got to move on."
Meanwhile, Houston Rockets and Indiana Pacers will visit Philippines as a part of NBA's pre-season global games. This is the first NBA game in the basketball-crazy nation. Basketball is the most popular game in Philippines and the fans are eagerly waiting for the clash on Thursday evening.
"We're just excited to come over to play the game and give Filipinos a great show," Houston Rockets guard James Harden stressed.
The Rockets and Pacers will play in Taipei after the game in Manila. NBA's Global Games will see 12 teams playing outside the US. Teams will be visiting cities in Brazil and Spain as a part of the tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members